Sandhills Open Road Challenge is a 55-mile rally race through Nebraska Sandhills....

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

http://www.sorcrace.com/

Welcome to the SORC! August 11-13, 2011
The Sandhills Open Road Challenge is a 55-mile rally style open road race through the scenic Nebraska Sandhills. Arguably the most demanding event of its kind in America, the SORC offers a duanting series of "S" curves, straights, and 90-degree turns to challenge the most talented of drivers. The SORC pioneered the concept of the one-mile shoot out in 2002 and enjoys great popularity with drivers and spectators alike.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Re: Sandhills Open Road Challenge is a 55-mile rally race through Nebraska Sandhills

Cool! More realistic entry fees than others I've seen. I wonder how long some of the straights are...... Hopefully 6+ miles so a guy might hit 200.....

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Re: Sandhills Open Road Challenge is a 55-mile rally race through Nebraska Sandhills

Cool! More realistic entry fees than others I've seen. I wonder how long some of the straights are...... Hopefully 6+ miles so a guy might hit 200.....

You need to be in the unlimited class for that kinda speed...most open road race organizations will not let you enter that class without a full roll cage. Not many (myself included), want to chop up the interior of our Vipers.

Last edited:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Today they do the 1/2 mile and the 1 mile shootout, and though the phone call was sketchy , it appears that a beefed up ZR1 ran 191 in the mile and Ron Adee in a Turbocharged Viper won the 1/2 mile event . The 55 mile runs are done tomorrow, and will try to post more info as I can get it. Ted Hughes ( who hasn't completed his first full year roadracing door to door) from Seward , Nebraska is in charge of alot of the event and many of you have heard his name from the sterling runs he has done in the Viper Cup as a virtual rookie to road racing. He has been participating and assisting with the Sand Hills Challenge for years and I will try and stay in touch with him to get updates --- what a surprise the phone reception out in the wilds of Western Nebraska are not the best, ha.

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse

OP
OP
zoomie

zoomie

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

any more info on this event - results, photos ??

Fursty

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just finished my first year at the SORC Challenge. I did ok in the road course in the 95 mph class. Placing 8th. The one mile shootout, however, turned out even better with a 180.9 mph run.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper