Santa has come early!!

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:santa4:
It's a done deal and I am now sleepless in Tampa until Monday the 27th! I pulled the trigger on a 2001 GTS Sapphire/Silver with 7100 miles. :2tu:

Thank you to all of those who responded to my PM's and phone calls.

During my search, I've talked to some great guys. A few who are members here. All with the same thing in common....> A passion for performance cars and VIPERS. I will say to my fellow newbies, lurkers and 1st time owners, the "SEARCH" function is your FRIEND! The amount of information accumulated over the years on this forum is incredible! That's a great thing to have at your disposal.

Anyway,
I'm flying into Virginia Sunday after xmas and driving her back to Florida. With having that week off, I'm definetely going to take it easy, getting aquainted with her, planning to make a few stops along the way in NC, SC and GA. I will probably drive 1300 +/- miles total when it's all said and done next week. :drive: I just hope the weather holds up as they are forecasting snow Xmas day along the North East coast!

I will post pics sometime next week during my road trip back to the SUNSHINE State. I will update my membership, etc. once I return.

Ty

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrat's I know exactly how excited you are!

Just remember COLD TIRES AND COLD PAVEMENT is not your friend.

Enjoy, I am jealous of the climate you are going to. I have to wait for weather like that.

Have a safe trip.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Congrats on the Sapphire Score...........Please, Please be aware of the condition of your tires vs HP you are laying down.... Sounds like you are well-reSEARCHed and enlightened to the need for caution. Cross-country delivery trips are a magnificent way to get aquained with your Snake.

If you DO encounter measurable snow, just consider a hotel...dont risk safety. If that is out of the question, you could actually drop tire pressures to approx 10-15 psi in an EMERGENCY and limp along at 25 mph tops on spongy tires that would have more snow-grip. Just to get you to a safe spot to AIR UP before you resume. Better to park.

PS.... once you get it home, the sleeplessness continues, lots of late-nite garage peeking.

OP
OP
T

TP_ GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thank you all. Is it MONDAY YET? :nana:
I can't remember the last time I was this excited. Hmmmm.. then again I do but that's probably not a good topic for this forum :D
My daughter (4 y/o) is wondering why Daddy is excited for Santa to come. She says Santa brings toys to kids not Daddy's! :lmao:

I will definelty be taking it easy. I'm prepared to wait the weather out if it comes to that. Snow = NO GO. As long as there is a good bar in the hotel, I'm patient. I'm just not so patient NOW! :smirk:

Thank you for the tip and confirmation John. I was actually going to run them on the low side do to the age of tires and cold temps until I get into warmer weather.

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
REPLACE THOSE TIRES IMMEDIATELY!! It might be a good idea to call a shop near where you're picking up your new baby and have them get some new tires there and waiting!!! Pick up your new snake and take it immediately over for a new set of shoes. THEN, drive her home. Just a suggestion. Most places could have those tires in stock by Monday if you order today. I would make sure even if I had to pay for overnight shipping. My 2c.

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wel after having mine off the road for 4mths i'm going to relive the sort of excitement you've got brewing when i get back out there very soon (mine doesn't normally winter hibernate..) - makes you so happy doesn't it!!....just wish i could also 'drive south far enough to find the heat'!
Enjoy!! it's gonna be big fun!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh yea, I remember that feeling, I was waiting for my viper to arrive in the UK, I just could not sleep and I can honestly say my work suffered :shhh2:

Enjoy your new ride, just remember to make sure she is perfectly straight before you hit that Gas pedal ;) :drive:

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!
Great colour combo as well.. Agreed on what Jon b said and also about getting new tyres sorted before the long trip home.....

Drive safe and enjoy.......