Saturday night racing

Reaction score
Tonight several viper owners met a Miami Subs to stir up a little trouble. We headed down to Britmore to get a little racing in. My first race was a 600 cc bike, He hung in there pretty good but no match for the snake. The next viper race was a red GTS against a honda hatchback. OK, Ok, I know what your thinking right??????? You have to see this Honda run. He was on 10 pounds of boost and shocked everyone. Yes, you heard me right. Anyway I settled the score, on a good motor pass. I cant wait till the gas is fixed. My car dyno'ed tonigh at the highest motor pull yet. 554.9 to the tires. All I did was change the oil and did a fuel treatment. Overall a really good night. We need to get more Houston vipers together for stuff like this, its a blast.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me wish that I still lived in Houston!! Lived there for 4 years while my wife finished grad school at Rice and then moved back home to Dallas (not too far away - maybe one of these days I'll bring the snake down) Boy I really wish that I would have had my snake when I actually lived in Houston. BTW, John Hennessey is coming to our VCA meeting this Saturday
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
The Houston racing scene is getting very popular. John H. has been hanging out with the locals. We go eat, hang out at Miami Subs, etc... It has been a real good time. Hope the rain will clear out for your meeting, its been nasty in Houston.

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, sorry to hear that you can not attend.
I was curious as to who will be attending the VCA meeting on Saturday since Viper Days is the same weekend (looks like rain anyway, for Dallas and Colledge Station).

I hope to see/meet you some other time. I am planning on attending (as a spectator) the Viper Days Finals at Motorsports ranch and would love to introduce myself if you plan on attending

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Albert, I left Subs while you were still eating. I was tired and wanted to get some sleep for the Autocross the next day. It seems like the best place to run would be HPR... No cops.. No curbs.. etc.. I guess I'll have to go to Britmore and see what its like.....

Hey PK, I saw it differently. My Viper was pulling away while I was still in 3rd and when I hit 4th I started making the gap bigger much quicker. I was looking over at your front tire beside me and it was only going further back.. NOT further forward! Then all of a sudden you fell back quickly, assumable when you went to 4th and lost your clutch. "I'd really have blown you away had my carburator blower belt not broke, Lucky for you!" ;)

Jeff

OP
OP
M
Reaction score
PK, thanks. I didnt run as well as I wanted. I hope to get out to the track more.

Jeff, Yeah, I went back outside and you were gone. We went to Britmore, but it was way to early and the cops were out real bad. We went out to Homestead and not much was going on except I ran a C5 and a Mustang. Didnt run into anything real fast.

Jeff-00-ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PK, That is what comes with racing on the road. Perhaps each sees it their own way. I guess the only way to be sure is to do it on the track. We'll have to meet up at HRP and run'em, although you'll probably take me since it sounds like your more experienced at it than me, but hey... It'd be fun none the less. BTW: I ran across the scales Friday night at HRP and I weighted 3465 lbs. with just me, little over a 1/4 tank of gas, and I didn't remove the spare or anything else. I even had my video and digital cameras in the car.

Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper