Scan tool on a 93

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to connect my Actron 9690 to my car, but I can't seem to set it up as my car model is not available in the pre-loaded list of vehicles in the device.

However, there are other dodge models listed from the same year but none are V10's. Not even the RAM's.

So what should I do? Choose one of the available models? Not sure what to do, I contacted Actron and waiting for a reply.

Thanks in advance

Ed

OP
OP
ViperRed

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does it have a generic OBD I setting?

Hi Steve,
I am not sure what you mean by a generic OBD setting honestly..
However, Bosch got back to me with this:

Yes this vehicle is not listed as obd1 vehicle , however try going to 1994 dodge truck and select 8.0L which is the v-10 engine also use the cigarette lighter adapter with it.

I'll try it out when I get home.

steve e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not think selecting 1994 dodge truck is the way to go, not sure where the rumor started that the truck V 10 is similar to the Viper engine, they are totally different, try what Steve said go to generic OBD setting, should give you at least some basic code numbers.

OP
OP
ViperRed

ViperRed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update
Chose the 1994 Dodge 8.0 Truck from the listed vehicles in the scan tool and got the job done.

Managed to confirm the 3 codes that I had from the self cycle test I performed earlier, replaced the MAP sensor, cleared the codes and the car is running great now!

i have my Viper back! I have power! No more hesitation and stalling! Thanks to eveyone who contributed here.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media