1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shanghai Viper

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by BLUEVIPER, Jun 29, 2015.

1. BLUEVIPER

BLUEVIPER Enthusiast

Just returned from Shanghai and spotted a Yellow 2014 Viper GTS in the Showroom of AutoClub. I had read a recent post of one in Beijing and of its "High China pricing" and wanted to see how this one compared. It was not far from my hotel so when I had the chance I went and checked it out as they have unusual hours 10:30 and to 10:30pm (22:30). Aside from the Viper they had other cars including a Ferrari, Corvette, Mustang, Mercedes, Audi, etc.
    Unfortunately, the salesman spoke only Chinese so I was not able to ask any questions. The info card was also in Chinese, but was told the price was the first item, 260Y. I took out my phone and went to the calculator function and ask him how many 0's followed the 260, and it was four or 2,600,000 rmb or $418, 907.38 that day in US dollars.
    The only other thing that I still question was the second line that seemed to suggest the car was 700hp.???..any way was nice to finally see a Viper in China.
    shanghai viper.jpg shanghai viper showroom.jpg shanghai viper showroom a.jpg shangahai viper2.jpg shangai viper 3.jpg

2. BLUEVIPER

BLUEVIPER Enthusiast

pricing sheet... Shanghai viper sticker.jpg Shanghai Viper price.jpg

3. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

How did it compare price wish with the others you saw?

4. BLUEVIPER

BLUEVIPER Enthusiast

The 2014 Stingray Corvette was $1,380,000 rmb or $222,258.70 2014 corvette.jpg

5. BLUEVIPER

BLUEVIPER Enthusiast

..plus... for those not familiar with China..the license plate will set you back at least another $20,000..once you secure one through government auction...

6. anton28

anton28 Enthusiast

Not the first one that sold there for that price.

7. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Enthusiast

Wow, the Stingray is a relative bargain compared to the Viper.

8. ACRBruce

ACRBruce Enthusiast

If the car had headers and ECU, then 700 HP is pretty close to actual.