Shift Lights

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me know how it works and how you adjust the shift point. I have tried two different Armtech Shift Lights as per the Illustrated Upgrade using either the Tach or a coil input and have never gotten it to work well.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pick up both switched power and the tach lead at drivers toe box. Tap the PCM (C1) and the fuse indicated below for 12V switched power. Don't fight the packed area under the dash. You must use the oem tack lead for the shift light. You cannot use the coil pack. The coil packs are utilized if you add a window switch.

The pics below are from a 97 GTS. The only switched fuse in this block is the one utilized. The connector is an add-a-fuse product by Littel Fuse.
LR12VPowerSwitched.jpg

I added the ID's to the connectors
LRPowerControlModulesNumbered.jpg

The conductor is gray/light blue and is pin 31.
LRShiftLightConnectionatC1.jpg

-RUNNR

Site programmer
Reaction score
For those of you in the market for a shift light, let me recommend www.hightechspeed.com

I received one of their lights yesterday, and it looks awesome. I got mine with a black body and yellow lights. Can't wait to install it!

HP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by martkat:
RUNNR -
I have also just received my new mini shift light from hightechspeed.com

Jack B -
How did you go about running your wires from the (C1) PCM to the inside of your car and then to the light? Also where did you run the ground wire? Pics would be nice again also. I am planning to place my mini light inside the center a/c vent.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Check out the info for shift light install in illustrated upgrades, there is a rubber plug on each far side of windshield.
There is an accessible ground bolt on the left side of the
stereo, just pull off the plastic panel below the steering column

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62