Shipping charges have been subsidized.

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The voi8 web site indicates that "Reliable Carriers shipping charges have been subsidized by Dodge." Is it done by a percentage or is it a set amount?

Y2K10 SRT#39

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since Cody and I are farthest from VOI-8, we are always asking- is the subsidy by % or is it a set ammount?
Currently, it's $1015 EACH way for us to ship to VOI.
That must be the penalty for living in the greatest area of the USA!
PBR

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys have no idea how bad I want to go, but I just can't justify or really afford $2,000 in shipping or the other option of taking 3 days off each way to drive.

I've waited 4 years for a western location, so I guess a couple more years won't hurt me. Cry Cry Cry.

Have fun guys!

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cody....I attended the last event at Nashville without my Viper. Believe it or not...I enjoyed that event more than any other I've been to. First...the weather sucked and I didn't have to worry about cleaning the car. Next, I had more time to enjoy each part of the event since I wasn't worrying about waiting in lines and for my turn at driving events. I participated in the driving events with people that came alone with cars. I didn't miss not having the car for the track event since you don't get to drive much anyway and I race regularly. Driving with an instructor threatening to turn off the ignition when I try to get some speed isn't a real loss for me.
You might want to think about going without the car.
Andy

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what is so great about the subsidy that Dodge is giving to offset the shipping cost. I have a quote to get my car delivered in an enclosed carrier from Vancouver, BC Canada to Dallas, return, for about $1000.00 (Canadian) less than the Reliable price quotes. I don't have to get my car to Seattle for shipping either, have a 48 hour/$250 cancellation policy & pay nothing until the car is picked up...so I don't quite see where the Dodge subsidy is...
Plus the 6 owners of the cars being shipped decide on the shipping dates.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with your Cody. Unfortunately it does not look like I will be attending either. Shipping is too high and I cannot get time off to drive out a few days each way even if I wanted to. Oh well, maybe next time.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there is one Viper event NOT to miss, that's a VOI. I've already registered and am looking forward to a fantastic time!!

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure what is so great about the subsidy that Dodge is giving to offset the shipping cost. I have a quote to get my car delivered in an enclosed carrier from Vancouver, BC Canada to Dallas, return, for about $1000.00 (Canadian) less than the Reliable price quotes. I don't have to get my car to Seattle for shipping either, have a 48 hour/$250 cancellation policy & pay nothing until the car is picked up...so I don't quite see where the Dodge subsidy is...
Plus the 6 owners of the cars being shipped decide on the shipping dates.

What company you using?

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig - my quote is from Mackie Transport, you suggested them to me - thanks! Now I just have to find 4 more to fill the truck.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I agree with your Cody. Unfortunately it does not look like I will be attending either. Shipping is too high and I cannot get time off to drive out a few days each way even if I wanted to. Oh well, maybe next time.

F355.... Wait one darn minute (how's that for Texas talk?).

You shure don't have ta bring yur Snake to a VOI to have a yeehaa time....

They'll be plenty of great events AND track time available to all that attend... heck, y'all be missin' one heckuva party if 'ya stay in that Garden State!

knuk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Vipers are available to us for use at the track if we leave ours at home? How much seat time can we expect at each of the track events in these Vipers?
At our first zone rendezvous in Monterey, I used one of the corporate Vipers at the autocross and had a total of about 3 minutes in the car! I swore that I would NEVER go to another Viper event without my car - it was the worst weekend in my life!

VGTSFE266

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am planning on towing my GTSFE from Boise, Idaho to the V10 Nationals and VOI8. I am towing a 44ft two place 5th wheel Viper trailer with a Dodge Cummins Dually. I will only be taking one car and am entertaining offers from other Viper owners to trailer an additional car to help reduce my costs. If you are looking for something more reasonable than shipping with Reliable, we may be able to help each other out. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Larry :eek:

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought a Jaguar XKR from a dealer in Texas. It was $700 a year ago to ship to CT. Its $830 ea way to ship my Viper to Texas. How is this subsidized???Curious????

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, Mike, I'm out for the same reasons. I'd hate not bringing my car, and if I did, the shipping is steep and the time off from work is to much when considering all the other things I do throughout the season. Hey, some are lucky and some are not. That's life.

AC

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To answer the question on shipping, it is just a simple issue of economics. What may have cost $700 last year has gone up due to fuel prices - nothing else really. As for taking your Viper, I have never taken mine,had a wonderful time, wouldn't miss going, and we hope you all change your mind, fly in and hang out with fellow Snakecharmers. Cody ........ you need to be there!!

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand gas price increase but would be curious what it would cost me to ship my car to Texas if it wasn't with Viper club subsidy?

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The answer is pretty easy to find out. Call a couple of transport companies and find out.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cris---I understand I could get another price from another transport service. I was just curious what % did they give VCA off "their" price?

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a Qvale Mangusta Modena from a dealer in San Antonio. Its being shipped soon. I'll let you know how much i'm paying a soon as they tell me. Then i'll get an idea how much is subsidized.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235