Shipping Tires & Wheels

Carleton

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has anyone shipped Tires and Wheels across country. I would like to know what boxes were used and where did you get the shipping supplies. What carrier? How much am I
looking at for an expense?

thank you
Carleton

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find a moving supply store near you. Just measure the external dimensions of each wheel/tire and buy the correct boxes that it will fit in. Place 1 wheel/tire per box. Cover the face of the wheels with an extra piece of cardboard and some bubble wrap. Backside of wheel doesn't require protection, the tire will do that. Different box companies have different sizes in stock.

Figure $8-12 per box, and about $200-250 in shipping for a set of four wheels and tires.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Depending on the value of the wheels I just ship mine via
FedEx - the place I ship out of doesn't care if theyre even
boxed, they just need to be very clean. Keep in mind,
most wheels/tires Ive shipped were off of jeeps and worth
about $200 a set...

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I shipped a set of Viper wheels with tires "H Spokes" from San Diego to New Jersey. I cut thick cardboard (round) for both sides of wheels, wrapped with shrink wrap. Went to my local fedex and it was $270. Made it in perfect condition.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I do not suggest sending wheels with cardboard touching the face. I recently had a set of black OZ rims shipped to me with only cardboard touching the face and it left tons of fine scratches on the face of the rims. I highly suggest something soft covering the face first.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I do not suggest sending wheels with cardboard touching the face. I recently had a set of black OZ rims shipped to me with only cardboard touching the face and it left tons of fine scratches on the face of the rims. I highly suggest something soft covering the face first.

Yes, it needs a soft cloth or bubble wrap on the face, as I suggested. The cardboard on the outside of that. The minor scratches can even happen on chrome and polished surfaces, we call it "box burn". Cardboard is abrasive when stuff slides across it or vibrates next to it.

viperman4125

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I did!,
I shipped from Fl. to Ca. to Calchrome, they did my wheels, Awsome! Take alook on there web site how to box them, It was 270.00 Fedex

HyperViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops forgot about that. I did use shrink wrap first, then cardboard, then shrink wrapped the cardboard in place.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4