Side exhaust for my GTS

97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm converting my 97GTS to side exhaust and am looking for ideas since I won't have the rear muffler anymore. The cat will go bye bye. I'm thinking of leaving the resonator on and adding a Corsa or Borla on the side after the resonator. Any thoughts on this one way or another? I don't have huge money to spend on this and am trying to improve the sound without being a knucklehead. I would really like to hear from those of you who have made this conversion however all opinions are welcome.

Ron

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First thought... What you're doing will be very loud.

I'm doing the Belanger side exhaust with Parts Rack R/T cats and the Belanger mufflers. These choices are based on recommendations from Parts Rack, about the car being loud, but quiet enough to drive.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What Dave said...you will be LOUD...if that's what you WANT, you'll get it with no muffler and NO cats.
We are required to have cats here (we have 2, took 2 off)..and went with Corsa Track Cat-Back with hi-flow cats...GREAT sound...not too overbearing...pops on decel a bit (sounds great!)...starting up the car in the garage makes the house SHAKE-RATTLE & HUM~~~LOL!!! We also got lots of advice before getting our setup...good luck, and it's really HOW LOUD do you want it??? OURS is TOO LOUD for the TRACK~~~believe that or not...tis true, even WITH 2 cats~~~! Not the conversion you asked for, just my input on what we've done and the sound/decibels we've reached.....juli

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the Corsa Track and get a great sound but I am running high flow cats.

side_exhaust_005.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235