Side sill plastic bolt/screw covers lost one

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was detailing my 94 the other day and noticed when I opened the passenger door one of the little black plastic covers that hide the screw/bolt for the sills is missing. Is that a "special" Viper part or something I can pick up at a parts store? Didn't want to bother a vendor for such a small thing if something will work from a local parts store, but I want it to be exact not look cheesy etc. Thanks for any help!

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's the part I'm thinking you're referring too, I almost lost one last year when I was washing my car, but found it shortly afterwords.

Regardless, you should check this out from JonB's site. I'm gonna be buying a set for my car this summer. I think it's a great aftermarket accessory to add, will definitely improve the look when opening the door.

Side Sill Covers - Alum/CF: PartsRack.com Viper Parts

MGW sells a set too, but I don't think they look as nice..

Door Sill Plates - Silver/Chrome: Viper Sillplates

I'm definitely going with the Side Sill Covers JonB sells. They look awesome :2tu:

Has anyone bought either of these before? If so, how do you like them?

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced all mine a couple months back. Used a similar screw found at Home Depot that was just a little wider for a snug fit and to lower the chance of them falling out again.

So to answer your question: No you do not require a specific part.

:usa:

DanielR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The OP is referring to the plastic covers on the top side of the sill that cover the sill screws, not the actual sill screws.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eucaristos, you are referring to Lowes as having the plastic press-in plugs right?

If so, I'm goin' to Lowes tonight.....I always lose those things.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yes, the 1st time i removed them i broke a tab or 2, lowes had them and they look exact enough, called a "plastic hole plug" or something like that. they are cheap enough to replace all to match if you want. bring 1 with you to compare.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for the plugs they sell at Lowes.

The ones I found match pretty well but they aren't the same. They do not have the four "hooks". I liked them fine but decided to make some from Al. For a small fee I was able to convince a member here to put a cool "sneaky pete" logo on the ends of some Al round stock that I turned into a nice little set of plugs.... and a few other items.

I should go take a few pics....

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another vote for the plugs they sell at Lowes.

The ones I found match pretty well but they aren't the same. They do not have the four "hooks". I liked them fine but decided to make some from Al. For a small fee I was able to convince a member here to put a cool "sneaky pete" logo on the ends of some Al round stock that I turned into a nice little set of plugs.... and a few other items.

I should go take a few pics....

Please do. Sounds like a nice piece