Silver State Classic Viper Results

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just returned from the Silver State Classic a couple of hours ago. Thought I might post some results that I remember, my apologies to anyone I miss. If I get the facts incorrect. Please feel free to jump right in and set the record straight.

Half-Mile Shoot Out was won by Dan E. (ViperX) at a speed of 147 MPH. This raised the bar from last years viper win at 132MPH in a stock SRT-10.

One-Mile Shoot Out was won by Walter F. from Minnesota (?) in a [******] Twin Turbo at a speed of 183MPH. This was 1 MPH over last years win by Hugh H. in his Paxton supercharged DC Performance car.

In the car show a red and black Gen 1 Arizona Car won best looking (?).

150MPH Class – Second Place - Greg B. our former So. Cal. VCA pres.(without a navigator) Avg Speed 150.07

150MPH Class – Third Place – Ray M. new to Vipers but is a former racer

The Viper team was also awarded the Team Spirit trophy.

As a personal observation it seems like fewer and fewer Viper Owners are able to get those garage doors open to come out for speed events like this. (Sad face) Too bad cause it is an absolute rush running 150 – 165 MPH for 90 miles straight. Not to mention testing your nerve to stay in it for an entire mile in the one-mile shoot out.

Although the event has changed management and many of us are less than happy with the change. The ability to run an open road at speed without worry of the dreaded speeding ticket was almost worth the frustration of starting 1 ½ hours late and having almost every activity scheduled muffed in some way or an other.

Woody

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats to the winners. Sounds like a great time. I have next May marked on my calendar. A 24-hour (one way) drive is not going to deter me from making this race. I first heard about this race 5 years ago and I said I had to make it out for one.