Smooth Tube for Gen 3 Vipers

04MambaNYC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I am looking to buy a smooth intake tube for 2004 SRT-10 to replace the stock intake tube. Do you know anybody that sell it? Do they make hard pipe for the intake? Also does anybody use BMC air filters? Thanks.

Last edited:

CHAOS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am curious, (I have the K&N intake on my '04). When you say smooth tubes, do they make these for the '04? I thought they were for the earlier models? Something Chrome would be nice. Plus the factory air box looks pretty restrictive for housing the two K&N filters. I am not certain how to post pics , there might be one.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a Gen III (2003), and would like to do smooth tubes as well. Although, the K&N might be smooth, I too wanted more bling under the hood! I'm not sure who's motor this is, but I really like the intake set-up and would like to do this to mine. Does anyone know if this mod can be done on a Gen III? If so, where can the parts be found?

Last edited:

1HOTV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also have a Gen III (2003), and would like to do smooth tubes as well. Although, the K&N might be smooth, I too wanted more bling under the hood! I'm not sure who's motor this is, but I really like the intake set-up and would like to do this to mine. Does anyone know if this mod can be done on a Gen III? If so, where can the parts be found?
The pic you are showing is a
Gen IV duel throttle body. Different beast. Jon B. can hook you up with something
similar. If you want better performance buy a better Throttle Body from Jon. When it's all said and done the Viper won't perform any better than with
fresh filters. Watched a Dyno at D.C. Performance. One of our club members ran a Dyno three times. No air filters, stock air filters and K&N. The results
were almost exactly the same. To close to call.

Last edited:

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The pic you are showing is a
Gen IV duel throttle body. Different beast. Jon B. can hook you up with something
similar. If you want better performance buy a better Throttle Body from Jon. When it's all said and done the Viper won't perform any better than with
fresh filters. Watched a Dyno at D.C. Performance. One of our club members ran a Dyno three times. No air filters, stock air filters and K&N. The results
were almost exactly the same. To close to call.

Thanks 1HotV10, I'll give JonB a call to see if he has a dual throttle body that will fit a Gen III motor. I was thinking this would be more cosmetic than performance, but if a new throttle body adds a little HP, no complaints here. :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the mail.... I emailed you the 4 main reasons why this would cost huge bucks to accomplish Gen 4 onto a Gen III.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4