Snake gone into hybernation :)

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's been so cold this year I could not close my top latch - that is a first. Finally, after some warm-er weather this weekend (with the help of my wife) I was able to stretch and close the top, wash the car, get the charger setup, and sleep it. LOL

See you in the Spring!

:smirk:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been so cold this year I could not close my top latch - that is a first. Finally, after some warm-er weather this weekend (with the help of my wife) I was able to stretch and close the top, wash the car, get the charger setup, and sleep it. LOL

See you in the Spring!

:smirk:

Thanks to the rain we had yesterday, I'm probably going to drive mine to work tomorrow. It's been a month or so since I drove it, so it's time to stir the fluids and roll the tires. Can't wait!

eurowalt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea I drove mine Newyears eve. Poeple were thumbs up all nite. One of the biggest satisfactions of owning a Viper=)

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started and ran mine for a while New Years Day just to keep everything circulating.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I Put 100 miles or so on my gen 1 today.... You know, just to keep everything lubed (me included).

On another topic:
I've been thinking quite a bit about a Spring BRP run lately. If there's any plans afloat for running the Blue Ridge Parkway in a few months.... I'm in.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks to the rain we had yesterday, I'm probably going to drive mine to work tomorrow. It's been a month or so since I drove it, so it's time to stir the fluids and roll the tires. Can't wait!

Same here. I have ben praying for rain for the past month to wash away some of this salt from the two snowstorms. Add to that i was sick before the snowstorms and had other crap going on which has kept my viper off the road for the past TWO months. It has been killing me inside begining to think that she might be stuck in the garage for so long if we ended up having a winter like last year. When i woke up to rain sunday morning it brought a smile to my face. I was up late sunday night in excitement over thinking about being able to drive the viper to work Mon/Tues/Wed this week:drive:

Love seeing the looks on peoples faces as it is rare to see a cool car on the road this time of year in the northeast:)
I keep on truckin as long as there is no precipitation or salt on the roads.:2tu:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez I had to put mine down in Nov... But we do get a lot of lake effects snow here in N. IN

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine hasn't moved since VOI :-(

Dude, what???? We gotta fix that. They just re-salted all the roads out in this area, but I know of a car gathering going on Jan 15th that we could attend if the weather is nice and the roads are good.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be interested in a get together on the 15th if all weather and road factors look good. Have not been to any gatherings since VOI. Please post the event details up once we get closer.

Curtis
Red 94 RT/10

Wolfc2e

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude, what???? We gotta fix that. They just re-salted all the roads out in this area, but I know of a car gathering going on Jan 15th that we could attend if the weather is nice and the roads are good.

It's crazy I know. I had to endure some of the best driving (and flying) days of the year w/o any fun. Full time work/school does that I guess. Then, as soon as school was out I got shipped out of the country and I'm stuck here until the 25th. The good news is I'm scheduled to meet with Tateshi on the 23rd! :D

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all...new owner of a '08 venom coupe here....I'm not totally positive that Kelly was referring to the 6speedonline event on Jan. 15th, but if so, then here are some details...

6speedonline Double-Header @ College Park and Tyson's Corner - The NoVa Sports Car Club (Centreville, VA) - Meetup

I also organize the NOVA sports car club so feel free to join if you're interested in meetups with other cars. Glad to be part of the club!

Hey Chris, welcome to the site! Yup, that's the one I was referring to.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
kcobean,
Just wanted to see if you were heading out to the events mentioned tomorrow. Anyone else going out there in their Viper? Might break mine out of the garage if others will be there.

Curtis
94 Red RT/10

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Curtis,
The roads are just not clean enough for me yet. Too much salt and sand to be out in this stuff, and with the temps like they are, I'd be driving around on hockey pucks.

65cuda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree with you Kelly. Took a good look out there today, and don't feel like sandblasting the car. Guess I will just have to wait for a better day.

Curtis
Red 94 RT/10

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say it here but we could use a few days of rain...:crazy2: The viper is my only car not covered in salt!

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all,

I took my Viper out regardless and met a bunch of cool people. There was one other Viper owner who showed up late, Rob, but he was driving his Range Rover. We had a small turnout but a few surprises. :)

Video:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_2lpJpMGdI[/media]

Pictures:
6speedonline Single-Header @ ...... and Tyson's Corner - The NoVa Sports Car Club (Centreville, VA) - Meetup

If you're interested, feel free to join the meetup group as well. Kelly, Ken and Walt all joined recently and I love to have more Viper owners around!

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought I'd say it here but we could use a few days of rain...:crazy2: The viper is my only car not covered in salt!

Agreed. It seems like they're using more salt this year than ever before. We need something to wash this stuff off the roads!

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm hearing about rain on on Tues.?? (could be a good thing).

I have a few days off next week and I'm thinkin' about a shorty roadtrip... Any of you guys ever been to the Homestead in Hot Springs, Va.??? I'm considering short get-away for the wife and I. 15 years of wedded bliss,(mostly?!!).

;-)

Last edited:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow...15 years, congrats. We just celebrated #13 in December.

Let's hope for that rain...I wanna drive.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apparently this ice/rain didn't quite do the trick. I had some time to hop in the DD after the big dry-out today tho.... Less salt, more sand.. Winter roads. What can you do but wait??

The old viper's still gathering dust under it's comfy blanket. (Sleep well old friend, good times await.)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62