So how do you do it, let one go?

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never sold one of my cars before, I still have my first car of 20 years ago, but today I parted with my '01 Yellow GTS, and was so tearful. How do you do it, you guys and ladies that have sold a Viper previous? My garage is full, yet seems so empty now without his big yellow curves? I have nursed this Viper back to full health after a deer ran out infront of him 5 years ago. He is totally stock, and I enjoyed driving a stock Viper again on the street. After modifying my street legal '97 to be the first and only into the UK 9 seconds club, and a +200mph standing mile, he was quite mad for the street! My Yellow, I drove many a time to the airports to pick up racing friends (some from USA) and he was such a wonderful car when you just wanted to enjoy a relaxing drive in the country with a good passenger, he even wore ribons and took grooms to their Weddings! The love of my life has always been a GTS-R...to restore the almighty GTS-R C2, the first Viper Coupe I saw run at Le Mans 24 hours. So I decided I needed the garage space and funds to complete, yet I felt so numb when the yellow "Sunshine" left me. He's currently driving over 1000miles and 17hours to Austria Europe, including the German Autobahn :) I am so happy for his new owner, as he was such a nice guy. He had 2 plane flights to UK, he had hardly slept as he was so excited about getting his dream car. When he first saw the car, I could see the look of love on his face, and that made things a little better to let him go. I didn't sleep either last night, I spent my last night with him, checking alignment settings, and that last fully body polish...

You must be registered for see images attach

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold an old muscle car I got when I was 18. Kept it for 26 years. Sold it in '07 and still wonder what the hell I was thinking. Only consolation is I sold it to buy another Viper. I made the buyer agree that if he ever decides to sell it, I get first dibs.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the looks of that storage yard, I'd say you'll find a way to let him go.... Don't shed a tear; a bigger and better toy will find it's way into your arms..

- Cheers

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normal things that make women cry I could care less about... Sold a Viper and cried about it for a week... Totally miserable until you start shopping for another one. In your case you have an incredible historical car to bring back to life. Hopefully that will make things a little easier ;)

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wish I could help let my GTS go two months ago and still miss it! I've had easier times letting girlfriends go! Good luck

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish I got that attached to cars, like I used to...while I enjoy them and love spending time/money/energy on them, I could sell every one tomorrow, without hesitation...they just don't have sentimental value anymore.

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sold my 94 RT/10 last week after owning it 11 years. Was not a big deal as going to a great guy who will treat it right and decided to sell, did not need to sell. Car really deserved to be driven more. Plus I still have my 96 GTS.

2BADD-4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never sold one of my cars before, I still have my first car of 20 years ago, but today I parted with my '01 Yellow GTS, and was so tearful. How do you do it, you guys and ladies that have sold a Viper previous? My garage is full, yet seems so empty now without his big yellow curves? I have nursed this Viper back to full health after a deer ran out infront of him 5 years ago. He is totally stock, and I enjoyed driving a stock Viper again on the street. After modifying my street legal '97 to be the first and only into the UK 9 seconds club, and a +200mph standing mile, he was quite mad for the street! My Yellow, I drove many a time to the airports to pick up racing friends (some from USA) and he was such a wonderful car when you just wanted to enjoy a relaxing drive in the country with a good passenger, he even wore ribons and took grooms to their Weddings! The love of my life has always been a GTS-R...to restore the almighty GTS-R C2, the first Viper Coupe I saw run at Le Mans 24 hours. So I decided I needed the garage space and funds to complete, yet I felt so numb when the yellow "Sunshine" left me. He's currently driving over 1000miles and 17hours to Austria Europe, including the German Autobahn :) I am so happy for his new owner, as he was such a nice guy. He had 2 plane flights to UK, he had hardly slept as he was so excited about getting his dream car. When he first saw the car, I could see the look of love on his face, and that made things a little better to let him go. I didn't sleep either last night, I spent my last night with him, checking alignment settings, and that last fully body polish...

Nadine, I feel your pain , as I too sold my 02 FE GTS a while ago. I am currently looking to replace her though. I am thinking of getting 2. It is a hard thing to do when circumstances change in our lives. But keep positive!

NOW just look at that BIG SMILE on her face on the 2nd. pic. PRICELESS

Dave

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm sure the new owner will take great care of your old car :)

And on the positive note, its now freed up some funds for your other 'projects' :drive:

Sounds like you need another puppy to take your mind off the cars :rolaugh:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At least it was YOUR OWN decision to let the car go ... :smirk:

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nadine, it's the cycle of life. My first car was a rusted out '70 Duster. When the frame finally came apart, the drivetrain went into a replica Cobra that I had 13 years. Like you, couldn't leave it alone and it evolved into a beast on the track and a little too beastly for the road, so I bought a Dodge kit car- Gen 1 Viper. There have been lots of AX events where I have driven my Emerald Pearl Green past many Gen 2 and Gen 3 cars, so it is dear to me. But after 112K miles, the race is to see whether it outlasts me or I outlast it; if I win I will look for a someone like you that has an attachment to their car, and promise to use it up as best I can. Enjoy yourself while you have "the next ride."

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont get attached to cars at all. this is the longest ive ever kept one as a matter of fact.

V

Venomiss

Sorry to hear the fast color Viper is gone.

Might make an interesting article for Viper Magazine with your story of selling the Viper
and his continuing story of purchasing the Viper?

B235R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,havent seen this thread until now.
Its a great car,yesterday i gave her a perfect clean up,its outstanding,today i parked next to a red Ferrari 360.

After the Ferrari-guy had seen that the Viper now gets the full attention of the people he was little pissed and drove away really quick :drive:

The most people here only give me :2tu:

I get a big grin everytime i looked at it,only sad thing is that today i have seen that theres a oil leak in the front right behind the bumper that put stains on the ground :( Have to investigate further tomorrow

regards Daniel

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
***, if you need to enjoy cruising in a stock viper anytime, i could be persuaded to swop for the afternoon - you know how much you now like the roofless version! Perhaps it's why you 2 never have enough space - you keep accumulating and can't let go! Cars, pooches,...hopefully just the one boyfriend!! :D You know the yellow was a lot of work, so best that it has moved onto a very gratefull buyer and you've now space for the 2 projects to really get going!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>I get a big grin everytime i looked at it,only sad thing is that today i have seen that theres a oil leak in the front right behind the bumper that put stains on the ground :( Have to investigate further tomorrow<<<

I had an oil cooler leaking from a stone once that hit the cooler, or it may be one of the oil lines...if it is that far to the front. Good luck finding the leak!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave