So when does the other shoe drop?

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's what the VGX website FAQ says..

Question: What will the final cost of the car be?

Answer: The final cost of the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10 has not been determined
at this time. Vehicle cost information will be made available sometime shortly before
the third quarter of 2002.

Venom Lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3Q02? Interesting. So that is a while. For sure, it sounds like we'll all be filling out orders/purchase agreements with the price as a "TBD" (or with price tied to a TBD MSRP or invoice).

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Richard hit the nail on the head! 2003 pricing will be "competitive"! They don't want to hurt 2002 sales - who wants to buy a $75k+ 2002 RT/10 when a 2003 RT/10 will be a little cheaper? The certificate program helps too because the average joe can't buy a 2003, so 2002 orders should be propped up by that a bit.

OP
OP
T

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what are we supposed to use for a deposit? Five percent of an unknown value is still an unknown value. Since I have no idea if I will like the price or *not, I will of course, only drop a bare minumum into a deposit.

*I like the look of the SRT, and the performance numbers look good too. The idea of getting thrown off the strip after my first sub-12 second pass has a certain coolness factor.
smile.gif

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if your Favorite Viper Dealer really loves you, you will not have to put a deposit down. my dealer (s) might not love me but i bet i can get on without a deposit.....

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Richard:
I would have done a limited run of commemorative Vipers and called it a year. I might have even made only the GTS available as an 02.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would have just left it as it was, except change the hood logo and insert the new engine. OR they could have ended production, back in 92 rumor was 10 year production and then discontinuation.