SoCal rollover ???

Bad_Byte

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm really praying this is not what was seen.

10:19 AM *sigalert*nb 73 Just South of Newport Coast, #3 Lane Blocked Until Further Notice Due to Fatality Collision, Log #311

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i heard about it as well through a friend, no details though, is it the same one on the other post about the TT?

2kvette

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the article in the Orange County Register on Saturday. It stated that a silver (I think it said silver) Dodge Viper (didn't state the year) was traveling at a high rate of speed (>100mph) on the 73 toll road and lost control, did a couple of 360's and went into or through the center road divider. I'm trying to remember the specifics of the article which is not in front of me. The passenger was killed but the driver survived and was badly hurt. They stated alcohol was a factor.

JohnNad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday, April 30, 2005

Crash kills man on toll road

An Oxnard man was killed Friday morning during a high-speed crash on the San Joaquin Hills (73) Toll Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Rodney Swain, 48, was the passenger in a Dodge Viper that lost control while traveling faster than 100 mph in the southbound lanes south of Newport Coast Drive, the CHP said. The car spun more than six times while crossing a 20-foot embankment and landing in northbound traffic just before 10 a.m.

The driver - Richard Groom, 49, of Cypress - suffered moderate injuries.

Groom was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the CHP said.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could have been the RMS whose pics have been posted on this forum recently. The owner resides in California I think, at the time it was said no fatalities.

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This could have been the RMS whose pics have been posted on this forum recently. The owner resides in California I think, at the time it was said no fatalities.

No.

The RMS twin turbo car was crashed more than a month ago.

vipersrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saturday, April 30, 2005

Crash kills man on toll road

An Oxnard man was killed Friday morning during a high-speed crash on the San Joaquin Hills (73) Toll Road, the California Highway Patrol reported.

Rodney Swain, 48, was the passenger in a Dodge Viper that lost control while traveling faster than 100 mph in the southbound lanes south of Newport Coast Drive, the CHP said. The car spun more than six times while crossing a 20-foot embankment and landing in northbound traffic just before 10 a.m.

The driver - Richard Groom, 49, of Cypress - suffered moderate injuries.

Groom was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter and being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, the CHP said.

-that is such a nice road to haul ass on too, very wide and very smooth and clean...and few cops and few cars, and some nice rolling hills

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456