SoCal Vipers draws 90 cars......

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deer park cruise was today. Great turn out. SoCal club rules.....
There should be a ton of pictures coming. Great to see old friends.

Dave "where's the doughnuts and coffee?" Jenkins.

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow.. what a cool time.. looked like at least 100 vipers.. great location .. but.. the weather sucked.. (clear, 80 degrees, breezy)
wink.gif

Oh.. the food was great too..

So Cal club gets a big thumbs up

scottgf

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey BacDoc,
Was your Viper parked right near the picnic tables?....If that was yours it sure looks sweet.....
We need to get together soon for lunch or something...we should have cruzed down there together......
Cheers,

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This was my first ever get together, and I had a great time also-the long food line actually gave us time to meet a bunch of new friends!

I just knew the day would turn out great after we received a bout of comic relief from a less than enthusiastic CHP officer.

Seems he was "left behind" by a red RT on the freeway- he came into the rendezvous parking lot expecting to bag some big game trophy, but was baffled by the fact that there actually 7 or 8 red RT's in the lot, and he never got a plate
laugh.gif
After a few minutes and a radio conversation he left with his tail between his legs!

There was a CHP officer right near the destination also, but he was all thumbs( thumbs up that is
cool.gif
)

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deer Park is fast becoming a traditional event for the Southern California Club. President Doug Dye put on a fantastic event with Barbeque, Vendors, grassy parking spots, WInery, and automobile museum with a huge collection of domestic and foreign convertibles.
A special thanks to Hugh and Sherry Hoard who hosted the barbeque.

Over a hundred viperclub members gathered under the giant shade trees to eat lunch, and participate in the raffles.

Thanks to all who worked so hard to put on such a
wonderful family event.
cool.gif
laugh.gif
embarass.gif

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was great! Always fun to see friends, and meet new ones. Viper owners are almost a business network club, so many are self-employed. Just ask around, and you will discover you are surrounded by business experience, and savvy. An unusual benefit of VCA membership!

Couldn't beat the weather! 90 Vipers! Wow!

Thanks to Bill and Sherri Hoard, Doug Dye, Mike Barnett, Myrna, and anyone else I missed. Good show!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Craig, yes, we missed you, Ron, and John. And I didn't see Frank, but "bacdoc" Bill, and "Gunny" Bill were there. You know Gunny, he's the one with the 550 Venom black RT? Marv was there, from AZ VCA, Ken Melgozza, and lots of other nice folks. Sorry I can't remember everyone's spouses' names. I'll get better at it!

Next event is Sonic Drive-in, I think, in August.

Also, Said handed out schedule and registration forms for the season's events.

Hope you had a real good time with your family and visitors.

See ya, Craig.

Backdoc7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott.. that was my RT next to the tables.. sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.. we should have cruised down together..
Send and email and let's do lunch

Vic.. good to see you.

All that missed.. you missed a pretty cool event

Bill
usa-clear-s.gif

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Nice Pics, Ulysses. Great to see you again. Lots of cars with lots of mods and the opportunity to check them out. I think Andy went home with a set of those 20" Star Tech Wheels. nice '97 blue/white RT/10, Final Edition, nos cars.

I expect next year there will be some S/C cars there
smile.gif

Nice to meet other "Posters" like Vic.

Too many to name but this is a prime and growing event with several techs and vendors there.

So Cal is rockin'

gtsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Marv had such a good time because he walked off with the proceeds from the 50/50 raffle! We know he intends to return the courtesey when we come out for the Barrett Jackson auction.
Andy

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62