Soft top on during road trip

vvvviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to be going a road trip next week and was wondering how durable the RT/10 soft top is over a lengthy drive. Ya know how you see some rag tops on the highway, and when they start moving at a pretty good clip the convertible top starts to "bubble up." I wouldn't imagine this being the case with the RT/10 soft top. Any other highway considerations with the soft top would be appreciated.

Thanks,

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you keep the car under 100 MPH you should be fine. That's the maximum speed that the top is rated for. I'd also check the forward latches periodically as they sometimes (rarely) vibrate open.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done 175mph with the soft top, no problems, but I wouldn't recommend it. No sense on pushing it. Keep it under 120 and you'll be fine.

Keep a towel in the front seat in case of rain. Mine leaks.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chuck 98 RT/10:
Keep a towel in the front seat in case of rain. Mine leaks.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Keep a towel in case the passenger leaks at speed!

Frank00Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Snake Bitten:

Keep a towel in case the passenger leaks at speed!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

Nasty 10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's raining pretty good here in the bay area and my soft top isn't leaking. I have a hard top but I think the soft top looks better. The only difference is the hard top keeps more noise out. You'll be fine with the soft top, enjoy
wink.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456