Sold my baby - THANK YOU VCA !

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2001_Viper_GTS_071.JPG

She left night before last, looking and sounding great as always. I will miss her. She's been a big part of my life for the last 6 years. Got separated and divorced since then, became partner in my practice with many ups and downs, many a messed up financial crisis, teenager tests of my single-dad capabilities, all kinds of personal life stuff I won't bore you with. But one constant was always my car. Having it, driving it, tracking it, even knowing it was in storage during the winters just made me feel like I had something special in my back pocket. I know it's just a car, but I am sure all you "car guys" understand how a car becomes an extension of your persona as you tailor it with upgrades.

I wanted to make a point of saying thank you to the VCA for all the support I have gotten over the years. Not just the usual car-question stuff, but really belonging to an extended family. It's made my ownership truly a three-dimensional experience, and with all the crap I allude to above I might not have made it without you. Unlike most families, ours has more than its share of nutty second-cousins. But, hey, that's what makes it so much fun...I fit right in! Most of you guys I have gotten to know over the web, but many local and national people I've met at various events have been fantastic. Special thanks to Alex and the IL VCA, JonB, Chris and the national guys, and especially Ron Durchin at Autowerkes.

Congrats and thank you to MartyB, who picked the car up. Great guy and I couldn't be happier that the car is not only going to stay with a true Viper lover, but local as well. So, Marty, get her to the dyno and let me know what I've been running all these years!

Last edited:

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know the feeling of watching a beautifull Sapphire being taken away:(

Better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all:2tu:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Agree that we have a great group!!
Enjoyed meeting you and your son at Putnam Park several yesrs ago...there'll be another day...Wishing you the best til then!!!!

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Now show a picture of what your driving now!!!!

Nice to see you again at the IL mtg last night!

Rob

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A good read, sounds like you really loved your car.
It begs the question...why sell?

Congrats! Now show a picture of what your driving now!!!!

Nice to see you again at the IL mtg last night!

Rob

I'll have to take some nicer pics. And I'll say this...the post will be in the GenIII/IV forum. While I've been excited about it for a long time, she's just not the same! Way too tame. So far..

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have spent a few hours in her already, what a treat! I am heading out of town, but will post some pics when I return.

It was a pleasure dealing with Manoj, we drank a beer while doing the paperwork, and I left with a big smile on my face(as did my wife)!

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I read Marty mention he bought a sapphire GTS and figured it was yours. Congrats to you both.

I couldn't make the meeting last night, what did you end up getting? The new ACR?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have spent a few hours in her already, what a treat! I am heading out of town, but will post some pics when I return.

It was a pleasure dealing with Manoj, we drank a beer while doing the paperwork, and I left with a big smile on my face(as did my wife)!

He took GREAT care of his baby....but WATCH OUT FOR COPS !!!!

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Damn, Marty what did he do to your wife! You really did want a GTS! :lmao:

See you next week for drinks!

radta7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Weds if weather is good??? I know a good place in S. Elgin off Randall road. Interested?

BOTTLEFED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have to take some nicer pics. And I'll say this...the post will be in the GenIII/IV forum. While I've been excited about it for a long time, she's just not the same! Way too tame. So far..
well post some pics over here as well :D

its nice to see the Vipers here swap hands and go to other members
that way we know they are being taken care of

glad everything worked out for you guys :2tu:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
NICE. Congrats Manoj. I saw this car yesterday [drove by] at the meeting.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that's one heck of an upgrade...and it is one of the best ACR colors - congrats!

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Kind of like playing leap frog. I buy Marty's, Marty buys yours, you buy from Woodhouse....The only person here NOT buying is Woodhouse!!!! I think free beer on Woodhouse is in order!!!:dunno:

BTW: My ACR came from Woodhouse too - still want free beer! :lmao:

Last edited:

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To me that is the only color combo for the ACR. Beautiful but to let that GTS go........geez.......I don't know.

motor602

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So sad to see your Sapphire go, but so glad it went to a great home! You'll forever be an honorary sapphire brother Manoj! But hey, there are worse things than having an ACR! CONGRATS!!!

OP
OP
C

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys. She's a HC edition. I had them do seat lowering kits, harnesses, and Mopar PCM while it was at the dealership. Just had ClearBra done yesterday. Next up will be shifter, motor and trans mounts, headers, exhaust. Undecided if I want cats or not. The only other decent pic I have, similar to above but with GF in the background :D

2001_Viper_GTS_012.JPG

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn, Marty what did he do to your wife! You really did want a GTS! :lmao:

See you next week for drinks!

Good one Rob! My wife was happy to have a Viper with real windows, and she told me the car just looks plain bad compared to the old RT. I think she prefers the lines of the GTS to the RT/10. I have to say I have gotten more comments on the GTS in the last few days than I did on the RT/10 for the last 6 months or so. The wife is happy, Martyb is happy:D.

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome. Kind of like playing leap frog. I buy Marty's, Marty buys yours, you buy from Woodhouse....The only person here NOT buying is Woodhouse!!!! I think free beer on Woodhouse is in order!!!:dunno:

BTW: My ACR came from Woodhouse too - still want free beer! :lmao:

And I was just in Omaha last week:)

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife was happy to have a Viper with real windows, and she told me the car just looks plain bad compared to the old RT.

LOL!:lmao: Same situation here. Altho, she thought I was nuts doing what I did to the ol' gen.1:2tu:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth