Sold my RT... Bought a GTS!

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a little over a month now since the sale, but after 2 and half years of ownership, I sold my 94 RT/10 and have bought an immaculate 97 GTS.

To say that I am extremely happy with my new toy is an major understatement... I had one of my dream cars, I now have the one I always wanted!

Main differences I have already noticed, is that there is a huge difference in the handling, & more power, & the benefit of having Electric Windows and Aircon is just great! I absolutely love it!

I must add a big thanks to all the members of the UK Club who helped me with sorting this out, and a specific one to Baz for putting myself and the seller together, as he didn't know I was looking to buy, and I didn't know he was looking to sell... As always Baz knew all! :smirk:

I will add some pics at some point once I have some more available... But here's one from a couple of weeks ago.

You must be registered for see images attach

It is currently pretty well stock, apart from Smooth Tubes, K&N's, & Corsa Exhaust & Randomtech High Flow Cats. I have also added a couple of MGW interior parts, (gear knob and ashtray), BBD sill scuff plates, clear side markers and some thin white pinstripes just outside the main stripes.

Next major purchase is definitely going to be a set of Belanger Headers I think... I love the sound of those on one of our other Blue & White Club cars which is also running a Corsa.

ABSOLUTELY LOVING MY NEW BABY! :drive:
I can't stop smiling! :D

Last edited:

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow absolutely STUNNING!

I am jealous, that has always been one of my favorite color combinations, and it's a classic.

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice!!! Can't ever go wrong with a B/W car. Guess have to change your name to GTS Dave now. :D

Was planning to change my name to GTSDave, but can't work out how to change my login name on here? Not sure if it can be done... Any ideas?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking forward to pics in front of some of those classic 500-year-old homes, castles and British landscapes.

Oh, and Silverstone too. :)

HSSSSSS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet ride!!!:2tu: Like 281cammer says you can never go wrong with a B/W GTS. :headbang:
Seconds on those pics in front of castles, etc.....

Are those stock rims chromed? Buddy has his chromed and they are stunning. When we are driving side by side it mirrors my car in the rims. :D :D

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are those stock rims chromed? Buddy has his chromed and they are stunning. When we are driving side by side it mirrors my car in the rims. :D :D

Well spotted! Yes the rims currently on the car are chromed, but unfortunately are starting to flake in a few places, so will be returning to a nice fresh set of fully refurbed stock rims soon. Not sure what rims will end up on it in the long term yet though... :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Couple more pics from a car show I was at a couple of weeks ago... Hopefully the backdrop fits into what Chuck was asking for... ;)

-FROG-

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another reason it's never a good idea to have your car as your screen name on message boards. Cars come and go too fast and you will need to change your name... Nice car though.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, Dave...beautiful!!! Yes, you know who the moderators/admins are by now, PM one of them and they can help you with your username change....OR keep the one you have, as that's how we knew you first??? :) LOVELY GTS...our all-time favorite body style/color scheme. KUDOS to all who helped you, yep, that BAZ, he knows all!
(YES the castle in background fits requirements, for me anyway, thank you!)
~juli

OP
OP
G

GTSDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, Dave...beautiful!!! Yes, you know who the moderators/admins are by now, PM one of them and they can help you with your username change....OR keep the one you have, as that's how we knew you first??? :) LOVELY GTS...our all-time favorite body style/color scheme. KUDOS to all who helped you, yep, that BAZ, he knows all!
(YES the castle in background fits requirements, for me anyway, thank you!)
~juli

Thanks Juli! I have pm'd Kcobean and asked him, but maybe you're right, it might be better to keep the name I am already known by and all that... I'll see what he says when he gets back to me.

:2tu:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking car for sure. Love the shots in front of the castle. But why show your plates there, and white them out in your first post?

Anyway, so no big deal, but if you wouldn't mind I also could use your drivers license info, DOB, full address, VIN...

Just askin'... :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Juli! I have pm'd Kcobean and asked him, but maybe you're right, it might be better to keep the name I am already known by and all that... I'll see what he says when he gets back to me.
:2tu:

Hi GTSDave!!! Who are you? :D:D:D:D ~juli

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GTSDAVE who the hell is he!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your more than welcome on the help Dave, And you know its been well looked after...

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on your new ride. Great castle pictures included!

musclenutz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sure is a beautiful Viper! I have a 94 R/T also and just in the past month bought a 99 GTS. I agree with you about the better driveabilty but i don't know about more power in my case. I haven't been able to find out for sure what if anything was modded on the RT though as i cannot get in touch with all previous owners. The RT does have Belangers but without going into the engine i can't be sure. I know the rt 'feels' faster. I did install 3:55's but even before that it seemed more powerful than the GTS . Could be it just is louder...like you,i love the GTS features. and she is fast too! I love them both. Congrats on your GTS!

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant say I would have sold a gen1 rt10 for a GTS...AS if I ever get a Gen1 I plan to hold on to it. But the Blue/white GTS just screams Viper and Im happy that you are loveing the Viper experiance all over again...

As far as the Gen1 feeling faster..Those things are just so raw and torquey!!!!!!!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great car and year, and I know people like to "individualize" but I must say not loving the chaser stripes.
Perfection as is.
Good luck with it!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave