Sold Out For 3 Years??

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I don't know if this is an IN CANADA situation OR an across the board situation...BUT my dealer (in Canada) just informed me that the cars are sold out for 3 years??!! Sounds like bullsh*t to me??!! Any comments??!!
They also STILL don't know whether our certificates (in Canada) will be honoured!! How can they be sold out if they're NOT honouring the certificates??!! Who are they selling to??!! Is there an underground market I'm not aware of!!
It 's SO DIFFICULT to get good info in Canada!! The dealers do THEIR best.......I believe it's Chrysler Canada that needs a wake-up call! GET WITH IT!!!!

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The fellow I deal with (at the dealer) is as good as it gets..he's taken great care of me over the years...I've bought 2 Stealths and 2 Vipers from him....he's become my friend...it's not HIM or the DEALER..It's whoever he talks to at Chrysler Canada!!! (It's probably (almost) as frustrating for the dealer as it is for us!!)
Maybe it's an area rep or something!!!!

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure the demand could produce that result! But that is not true at all. My info. is that the certificates are for this year only. And that there is a waiting list of qualified VCA members waiting on their certs. if some that will get their's don't use them. So they are not giving them to everyone who is eligible. They set a number and it has been met!
A friend of mine has a '94, bought new, and he is near 140 on the waiting list!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They CAN'T be sold out for 3 years because Dodge hasn't even STARTED to take orders yet for the car - EXCEPT those of us who have certificates that allow us to buy a 2003 model.

It's probably true that 2003 is sold out, but it is my understanding that once all certificate orders are fulfilled, ordering on the car will be opened to everyone. But that hasn't happened yet, and will not happen until much later in the year - maybe not even until next year sometime!

FUSCUCLA1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How does this work exactly? I am sure they cannot accomodate all original owners in 2003, so wouldnt the certificate program naturally extend into 2004 until all original owners that want one get one? Technically this could go for a few years (~1500 units/year for 11 years, minus those who sold, minus those who dont want an SRT, minus some who bought more than one viper....this still should be a huge number atleast 2-3 years of SRT production). Am I understanding this wrong???????

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuscucla1,

Dodge only gave out enough certificates that they could fill the entire lot with 2003 model year cars. There may have been 10,000 potential eligible certificate people, but only about 1,100 certificates were made available - on a "first come, first served" basis. The people who missed the 1,100 deadline were put on a waiting list (from what I hear, that was about 400 people) - for a grand total of 1,500 possible SRT buyers. I believe that number is very close to what Dodge thinks they can build for 2003.

So the answer is, no, the cert program is only for 2003 - which is why the # of certs was limited.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave