SOLD OUT -- TEAR UP YOUR CERTIFICATE!!!

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an e-mail form Dodge telling me my cert # and that they will be mailed out on the 10th. I did not know that some got their's earlier.

I called the sales manager of Christopher's Dodge in Denver (where I bought my RT/10) and he told me not to bother coming in with my certificate when it arrives because Dodge is all sold out already in NA. He told me that he already has 5 certifates brought in by other owners so I guess I did not know that some were mailed at an earlier date. He also reminded me that they are one of the largest five star Dodge dealers in NA, so he is the expert.

Very dissappointing. I feel that I was lead to believe that I had a shot.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike, your so-called "expert" is full of it. When you get your cert, call a real Viper dealer and you will have no problem getting one. If you want to mess with the dealer that is BSing you, ask him where he sent the cert? I will bet that he will try to tell you that he put the order in through the computer (wrong answer!). Mike, you should be thankful that he told you that. The odds are that he would have made your purchase experience just as aggravating.

To all, this is the very type of treatment I was referring to in my other post. There are plenty of 5 star dealers out there, but there are a very limited number of Viper friendly dealers.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Too Funny! The certificates aren't even mailed out yet! ... and that's the truth!

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Listen to Steve ... he is so right!!! Any dealer that will mislead (lie) to you like that is very likely to continue treating you poorly. Find another dealer.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And one of our local dealers told a club member that they have taken 5 deposits on the 2003 (at $20K over sticker) and that's the great deal that they'd be willing to offer her (and she'd be number 6 on the list). When asked if all those folks had certificates, the dealer responded "What's a certificate?". At that, our club member told them she hoped they had not given the customers a delivery date.... Amazing.....

OP
OP
M

Mike - in Denver

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This VCA WEB site is the most helpful tool I have ever had in my car owning experiences. I hope DC understands its value. It is a major factor in my appreciation for my car, and the reason why I will own many more. I posted my message above because I thought I was getting a bad answer. If I trusted this guy's answer I would have walked away from a new car owning opportunity. Thanks to all who replied.

Immagine my problem. I am sitting at an airport on my way to Hawaii. My house sitters (my parents) are watching my mail every day in preparation to fax me my cert so that I could do some buying from Hawaii by phone. Then I find out that my dealer doesn't have a clue. It was funny because we downloaded some of the pictures from this sit and were going to spend the flight arguing over colors
smile.gif

If anyone sees this from the Colorado area I am interested in knowing if you can recomend a dealer to me who knows the process -- I am ready to spend.

Outside Colorado...Based on this experience I am ready to go out of state and ship the car in via carrier (I have done that before). Any recomendations are welcome!!!

Thanks everyone!!!

PS...this is also sad because the Viper Tech at this dealership is the best I have ever come accross at a major dealer. Too bad he works at a place that does not have the same respect for the product that he does. Who can I contact at DC that may be interested in this sales manager's lack of knowledge? DC should send this to the dealer's management.

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree, go with the good folks at Woodhouse, I did - it's not that far from us or they'll arrange delivery to your door.

There may be some who think highly of Christophers, but I'm definitely not one of them. Contact me off line if you like.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's all do the chant -- Woodhouse! Woodhouse!

Seriously, I've purchased both our Vipers through Bill @ Woodhouse, and I would highly recommend him. He's honest, personable, and offers great deals and great customer service.

Gary Lashinsky

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both Woodhouse and Fitzgerald are wonderful dealers! I can't say enough about how both have treated me. Both Dan, Bob and Bill are five star friends!