Soo...this is how my company helped for earth day...

GotA350ZTT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They made hybrid only parking spots as the front spots in the garage. I thought it'd be funny to park my Viper there (for half the day only :) )...I got a parking violation about 30 minutes after parking:

You must be registered for see images attach

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A parking violation? Why officer, my car burns rubber and gas, is that not the definition of a hybrid?

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Officer, I swear it is a hybrid---half car, half beast!":lmao:

Earth day is also our youngest son's birthday. How did my earth-conscious son want to spend his day? At the AJC Auto Show in Atlanta, of course. He wanted to see all the new cars! That's my boy!:rolaugh:

V

Venomiss

You need to put Hybrid on your plates and then park it there again.:D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have loved to see the reaction when the guy writing the citations went down the row and saw your car there. lol

Hoop

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That is funny.

This whole save the earth thing is getting out of hand... There is an opposing scientific view that global warming is BS and that this is part of a weather cycle... just like the second ice age in the middle ages etc. There are 100 year periods that have gotten warmer and colder over the past decades.

I'm not a scientist, and I don't know who's right, I'm just shocked at how media hype can only cover one opinion and all of the lemming jump on board... everyone's looking for a trend.

Am I the only one that realizes that if we use less fuel, the prices will still go up? Prices are not high because there is a shortage they are high because people are overpricing the commodity. Just like in real estate when pries went up... it's not like they were out of land to build in Vegas... it's a dessert... People were just hyping the prices.

If we cut our oil usage by half, OPEC will cut their costs by drilling less, other oil companies will run less refineries, have less stations, etc... The price will still be high in fact, if you look at the "economies of scale" model, the price may actually go up because some base infrastructure has to remain and those costs are fixed recardless of 100 barrels or 1000 barrels.

My viper and my excursion are not well liked by the tree huggers, but I didn't buy them to save the planet

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Global warming is BS.

That's all I have to say about that...

BTW awesome pic! It's a Dodge with a "lambo" engine right? A hybrid?

PAvenomRT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep deluding yourselves and in a few years we're all going to burn up. It doesn't take a genius to figure something is amiss when 5 of the hottest years since records have been kept have occurred during the last 10 years. Haven't you guys seen "An Inconvenient Truth"? :eater:Global warming has nothing directly to do with gas prices but with the amount of fossil fuel being consumed and the reduction in carbon sinks like the rain forest. Come on guys, as a Viper owner you should know these things.:D
PAvenom RT/10

NukedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep deluding yourselves and in a few years we're all going to burn up. It doesn't take a genius to figure something is amiss when 5 of the hottest years since records have been kept have occurred during the last 10 years. Haven't you guys seen "An Inconvenient Truth"? :eater:Global warming has nothing directly to do with gas prices but with the amount of fossil fuel being consumed and the reduction in carbon sinks like the rain forest. Come on guys, as a Viper owner you should know these things.:D
PAvenom RT/10

Yeah, I saw "An inconvienient Truth". I also saw the "Wizard of Oz" but as far as my research shows, there is no Emerald City . . . . Don't believe everything you see on tv son. As you said, it doesn't take a genius to figure something is amiss . . . are you speaking for all the "non-geniuses" or just most of them? :lmao:

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to put Hybrid on your plates and then park it there again.:D

I did something similar to that. I had a 06 Chevy Silverado dual rear wheel pickup. My plates said compact and I used to park it in the compact spots at the metro train station. That really used to irk the tree huggers off to end. It never got keyed or anything fortunately although my arogance sure screamed for it.

mangle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you ever need assurance that this whole man-made global warming thing is crap, just go look up the estimated global average temperatures in the Jurrassic and Triassic periods and compare them to today. Dinosaurs couldn't live in such frigid temperatures. Also, note that an ice age is defined as a period when the Earth's poles are covered in ice.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LMAO!!! Priceless picture. I read today that the people of Alaska refused the application for Exxon to drill a large new oil patch. I guess they prefer to fund the Middle East. Treehuggers all over the US fight against drilling for natural gas that is pretty clean burning.

ViperArry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice action!

I'm still curious about the penalty.

About all the guys here not believing the Environment problems.
Don't shut your eyes for our own and future problems, they are there and might cause a lot of problems.
If we are responsible or not doesn't solves the problem.

Intresting discussion. Anybody read the C2C book?

Matt M PA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not even getting into the global warming nonsense. The latest is the cost of corn...and how now poorer countries are in it deep because their people can't eat. It takes 400 pounds of corn to make 40 gallons of ethanol..how does it make sense to mess with your food supply?

Back on topic....when people comment about my Excursion...I tell them it's a hybrid...it uses gas and air. I have had people act amazed that a vehicle can run on a combination of gas and air. Uh boy.

ViperJay

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i dare you to slap an E85 sticker on the side. if you ever get busted, just say your not lying... its estimated 85mph in first! :D

usaf0016

Enthusiast
Reaction score
let me ask a quick question, so your company makes the front spots hybrid only, so the gas guzzlers must drive even further to park. meaning they burn more fuel..... shouldnt the front spots have been for them? just my .02.... And I would also like to say, I tend to accidentally park my lifted 93 f-250 in the compact spots all the time, really ****** the tree hugger off next to me that drives a super gas saver prius with tree stickers on it.