Spark Plugs for SRT-10?

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hi Group,

Who is running what spark plug and what do you recommend? I have an 04 SRT-10 and headers are here (install planned for next week) but I'll bet the plugs that work in the Gen I's and II's will work well in my 04. I looked for threads and found a reference to Champions (stock) and Denso Iridiums, but not much more detail. I researched and then switched to Densos in my Corvette and they worked really well. Opinions / Input Please?

FlyBryViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Autolite Double Platinum = #APP 985
Single = # AP 985
Bosch +4 electrode/Platinum = #4428
+2 = #4308
Champion = crap!

Autolite Platinums resulted in what seems like a faster hot start, and run great! Have not tried any of the others yet!

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper X you've asked the $64,000.00 question. My advice is to do a search on Google and educate your self on this, not to mention the advice this site has to offer on the subject.

I've heard that Platinum can produce less of a spark kernel. This I've heard from several. I think there strong point is in longjevity. Plug gaps are also very important. If your keeping your engine stock for the most part, little to worry about. Some people have had improved results with different style plugs. My Uncle builds the most advanced circle track motors out there and does not use Platinum tip plugs. I'm not saying I know for sure, but the stock plug is not bad on a stock engine.

Skip White

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Thanks Skip and FlyBry,

Engine is not stock and will have cam and heads plus soon. Interesting how so few Viper owners have responded to this simple question. Come on guys, put your two cents in.

Dan

Stu Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would you recommend the same spark plugs (Autolite Dougle Platinum) for a '97 GTS Viper? My car mostly stock except for:

Smooth Tubes
1/4" bigger exhaust tubes from manifold to tips
19" HRE's
High Flow CATs
High Flow Headers

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Viper X

Viper X

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Paxton coming next week. Any advice on spark plugs for it?

tomg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ngk 6097'S. Car idles much smoother. 1 heat range colder than stock. .030 gap.

Vipermann

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Denso IRIDIUM ... the best plug out there ... period. Had them in an Acura, felt the gain. Had them in my Vette, felt the gain. Never felt squat from any other plug change. Will be putting them in my SRT soon ... the Vette websites have all sorts of graphs and charts that prove this also -- I can just say, 'they work'

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Denso IRIDIUM ... the best plug out there ... period. Had them in an Acura, felt the gain. Had them in my Vette, felt the gain. Never felt squat from any other plug change. Will be putting them in my SRT soon ... the Vette websites have all sorts of graphs and charts that prove this also -- I can just say, 'they work'

I was looking into using them im my viper as well but from what I hear the Champs work best on vipers.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
NGK 4291 is a good replacement plug for blower applications.

Bosch F4CS works great for real high boost (12-15PSI) but will set misfire code at idle sometimes on 2001-2005 models.

Iridium plugs also work great but probably not worth the expense.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
as far as denso i tried ik16, 5303 *** they did not work well. Denso sent me some ik20, 5304 to try. What denso number has nanyone found to really work in a stock srt-10 with k & n box and different mufflers.

please email me at [email protected]

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave