Speakers and Sound System Replacement Suggestions

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The speakers in my 2005 seem to be in need of replacement, any reasonable cost and good performance suggestions?

Also, if inexpensive and easy to change, I would be interested in any recommendations for a replacement stereo that readily connects with iDevices.

CaptainDavid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Kicker KS600 speakers fit easily into your doors and sound much better than stock not very expensive. not sure about sub, can't help with the iradio.

ninjakris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When it comes to speakers, I guess it depends on what you are looking for. You can get all crazy with the top of the line this and that, or if its just to get a better sound and keep a stock location, you can go with something simple in the door that is a 6.5" speaker. I even used the factory wiring connector in the door and unsoldered the factory speakers and re-soldered the new speakers to it. This gave me a factory connection. You will use the factory amp and it will work fine. As for the tweeters and rear speakers, I didn't mess with them yet. I was pretty surprised now much a difference a new speaker in the door made.

When it comes to the stereo, the easiest way is to find a single din unit that does Bluetooth everything. They are sub-$200. If you want to get fancy with double din stuff, be prepared to modify your dash to make it fit. Many people have done it, its your call.

Here is what I recently put in my 06' for reference with associated prices. This order was from crutchfield. My total install time was around one hour.

Sony MEX-GS600BT CD Receiver w/ App Remote & Bluetooth: ($159.99)
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Kit 98-09 Chry/Dodge/Jeep "I" kit w/ pocket: (free with stereo purchase)
Metra 70-6502 Wire Harness: (free with stereo purchase)
Chrysler/GM/Ford Antenna Adapt Motorola M to OEM antenna F: (free with stereo purchase)
Sony XSGT1638F 6.5" Car Speakers $49.99

I hope this gives you a quick idea of what you should be looking for. My goal was to have everything be able to return to stock if I wanted to. Your goal might be something different. If you have more questions, let me know.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I'll second the Kicker speakers, they've been working well in my car so far. Granted I have a different amp and headunit, but that's because the stocks ones weren't there when I bought the car to begin with. Easy enough to put in as well. They definitely like having an amp drive them though, listened to them in the store on just a headunit and with an amp attached and they really have more depth with the extra power.

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. I put kickers in my 98 and they seemed fine. I'll check on some of the other equipment mentioned above too.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62