Speaking of off-topic subjects...

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So USAF's thread got moved because it wasn't Gen1-2 related... then why is the schlepping of raffle tickets for an SRT truck in the same forum? Shouldn't that be in the "Driven" section?

You guys are doing a great job so far, but you still gotta follow your own rules. :bonker:

94RT10Ohio

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is a site wide announcement by the admins, I see no issue with it. I usually skip right over the sticky posts anyhow, but I do not want to filter through non GEN I and II stuff as I read the new posts. If it bothers you that much it will be gone next week as the entry time will have passed.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm certainly not speaking authoritatively here (as I have no authority to do so :) ), but I would agree with 94RT10Ohio's take on it. The raffle thread is a global "VCA announcement" intended to dispense information from the club to the 'general public'. Since the raffle isn't just for VCA members this time, it wouldn't be appropriate to put it in the Members only section, and the thread is really regarding the raffle, not the truck itself, so Driven isn't an appropriate section either.

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just nitpicking. ;)

I could care less either way, but can see how some would complain about it.

The nit has been officially picked!

Forum moderating is almost always about shades of gray and judgement calls. While I certainly try to 'do the right thing' (I'm the FNG-moderator here at viperclub.org, but I've been doin' this for quite a few years now), I won't claim to be flawless.

Any other nits? :D :D :D

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just nitpicking. ;)

I could care less either way, but can see how some would complain about it.

Hey Fangster, be nice to my new moderator, I worked hard to recruit him and as you know I am a little overworked here!
And the biggest complaint we get here is stuff in the wrong forums, really ticks people off, so we are working hard at it.