Spent the weekend @ Road Atlanta (vids!!)

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple of buddies and myself decided a couple months ago we wanted to run Road Atlanta this year. So, we found the Peachstate PCA club event that was this weekend and signed up. When we all pulled up and saw the famous hill we were all like "***, we're gonna be driving down that @ speed???" Needless to say we were intimidated since the only kinda of elevation change we've run on is the banking @ Daytona, lol. Since it was out first time with this group and 1st time @ Road Atlanta they put us in the intermediate solo group which I was kind of happy about @ the time. We did the track touring in the cars before the sessions started and that took most of my nerves away and really figured out the lines. As you will see in the vids we were with the slowest group of solo drivers ever assembled I believe. My buddy (the Lambo SL you'll see in the vids) and I were easily the fastest in our group and we're just running up on everyone so fast. There were 3 other faster cars in our group (2 GT3's and a C6Z) and that was it, everyone else was just slow. You'll probably laugh @ some of my commentary during the vids.

1st video - this was the 2nd session of the weekend. I didn't pass the Lambo cause I was getting video and because I knew he had a very good instructor in the car with him which we whom both know going over the lines with him. I was following and he was kinda teaching us both @ once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAAiUOlzI_4

This video was more towards the end of the weekend and I wasn't really waiting for point by's as much, lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5HFu0qsKoI0

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Awesome vids. Really cool to see a superleggera out there.

Looks like you had a ton of traffic. Were you able to get any clean laps in?

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like you had a ton of traffic. Were you able to get any clean laps in?

Nope, not even close. The white GT3 I passed in one of the vids said he runs low 1:40's. So I;m guessing somewhere around there.

F

FrgMstr

I have no German heritage, but let me the first to apologize for all of that German iron in your way! :)

What speeds were you getting up to in some of the faster straights? (video is alway hard to judge)

What camera? Do you like it?

OP
OP
M

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no German heritage, but let me the first to apologize for all of that German iron in your way! :)

What speeds were you getting up to in some of the faster straights? (video is alway hard to judge)

What camera? Do you like it?

I only got a couple clean runs down the long straight. I was hitting 160-165. Have a 3.45 rear gear and being able to pull in 5th really helps out.

My camera is the Contour GPS. I'm actually selling it because I bought a Traqmate with Chase cam setup. I just didn't get it all installed in time for this event.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
That was beautiful driving--a real pleasure to watch--thanks a lot for posting that--I really enjoyed it--Dave

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brings back memories as this is where I went to the Panoz school years ago. Two of my instructors are now running in Grand Am pro series. In fact Joe Foster, lead instructor just had a bad crash 2 weeks ago but is ok. I see the Suzuki bridge now says "Unstoppable" ? Looks like everyone was taking it pretty easy but good stuff !!

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys should look up Chin Motorsports, their events seem to attract some faster cars and they are there quite often.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave