Sqeeking noises

Two R/Ts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 98 R/T 10, And I have a constant sqeeking or popping sound that sounds like its coming from under the driver side Dash. Its starting to drive me nuts. Any Ideas?:(

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Which is it, squeaking or popping?? those are very different....do you have an aftermarket stereo? Something could be rubbing because of that..the stereo is a pretty tight fit.

OP
OP
T

Two R/Ts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
More of a popping sound, under the drivers side dash. I have the stock stereo. sounds kinda of like plastic rubbing together as I travel down the road.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The best thing I can say is take off the dash and drive the car around the block and see where it's squeaking from. Taking the dash off isn't too bad. Both knee bolster drivers and passengers come off, then the little trim piece around the radio. With those off you can see all the screws needed to take off the dash. good luck.

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all kinds of sounds,your going to get that with a chassis that is so stiff, I think its just the nature of the beast, the car runs and performs fine, I took out a Lambo Gallardo yesterday from about a 60mph roll, pulled him real good, I'll deal with little noises as long as they arent something that is causing harm.

TrainerDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, its only a problem on date night, when neither the loud stereo or popping noises will work for her!
Nahh, if she complains tell her you'll pick her up in your 500 dollar ****** that your buying next week. See what she says then;)

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Squeaks are part of the American car heritage. My Viper squeaked from day 1. 10 years since and I've got used to it.