SRT Confirmation

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just made the confirmation. No question regarding color or anything else. Just VIN and address type info. Confirmation number was quite high (08XX) is this an indication of th erelative order?

Ron

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Confirmation numbers have no bearing on sequencing... if you got one ... that's all that matters!

Color choice will be requested when you visit your friendly Dodge Dealer.

ENJOY!

kverges

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope number is not a bit deal - mine was 1xxxx and I had my confirming email before 9:05 EST. Surely 10,000 people did not beat me!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The numbers would have to be random I would guess. Heck, I was ready with the cut-and-paste and ended up with #8980. And no big deal posting your certificate number - you will need the certificate and matching VIN to place your order at the dealership. Definitely quick and painless. Exciting too!

Chris

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in the 5,000's and I had mine done within seconds of opening.

I had the vin # copied and ready to paste in the correct spot. Even with a cable modem I ended up with a high number, but at least I'm in.

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very easy and PAINLESS!! Received my certificate confirmation!!
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Thanks,
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, given that we have heard numbers in the 8000's, 5000's, 10,000's, and now 3,000's - no question they are completely random. What will be important is the time-stamp on the application. Of course, that time-stamp is also not going to be indiciative of a build order - just how quick you got your certificate request in. Personally, I would guess there will be a "pool" of +/- 2,000 certificates and those will be guaranteed a build if presented to a Dodge dealership (although Dodge hedges their bets and says "no guarantees"). Don't forget, as this certificate does not obligate the holder to make an actual purchase, there will undoubtedly be some certificates that are framed for the Viper memorabilia collection and never "cashed in". That's my guess anyway.

Chris

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my registration in within seconds of when it opened. My confirmation # is in the 10,000's.

Did you guys read the FAQ on the site? It specifically says that the cert # is random and means nothing in terms of when you got a cert, or when you will get your car. It also says Dodge will allocate the cars as they see fit. So all that matters at this point is that you HAVE a confirmation #, and that you WILL get a cert. It doesn't even matter what "place in line" you have at a dealer.

I believe there may be an advantage to getting in early - perhaps if nothing else it's better to get your cert quicker, just in case they get a lot more response or something.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Looks like I'm screwed.

Typed in my VIN on the web site directly from my copy of the Certificate of Origin and got "your number isn't in our database message!"

Tried calling in and when I get through, I just get the tape and when it says, "hold the line" it disconnects!!

Any ideas???</FONT f>

OP
OP
G

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hard Luck Story - Just spoke to a fellow Viper owner on hiatus in Florida. While in his Prowler on the way to his condo at 9:00 to do the web certificate process he got hit by an elderly woman
crying.gif
. Can you say Bad Luck? Ugh!

Ron

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zero's and & O's look allot alike....... Try it a couple different ways. The last 6 are numbers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Looks like I'm screwed.

Typed in my VIN on the web site directly from my copy of the Certificate of Origin and got "your number isn't in our database message!"

Tried calling in and when I get through, I just get the tape and when it says, "hold the line" it disconnects!!

Any ideas???</FONT f>
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dirk Pitt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same problem as Ron. The web site won't take my VIN (called the dealer I purchased if from to to confirm it is correct) and the phone line disconnects repeatedly. I must have made 50 calls already.

Oh well. I am guessing the phone system they are using must be a Siemens and came from Daimler...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<FONT size="5">IF YOUR VIN DOESN'T WORK, TRY THIS:</FONT s>

"If your VIN is not in our system and you meet the criteria, please fax us your Title (front and back) and Registration documents to 248-848-0301. Once these documents have been received and approved, your reservation will be processed."

That's from the website (intended for Canadian & Mexican orders), but should at least get your VIN in the system. Good luck!

Chris

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
There has been some issues with the VIN database. If your VALID, first owner Viper does not get you through the registration process, please call the telephone number listed, if it hangs up again, e-mail me.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a question about this process (although I think I know the answer).

Will Dodge likely require any additional proof of ownership after you have a confirmation number? Like a copy of the title, proof of registration, etc. I bet some people held off selling cars because they wanted a cert for a 2003.

It says that they will mail the certs around January 10th. That's almost a month away... long wait for people who want to sell, but are waiting to be guaranteed their spot in line first. Just wondering at what point you'd be "safe" - I guess when you get the cert in hand, right?
smile.gif

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like new snake headed to Kentucky. Painless reservation system. I especially liked the countdown to 0900 on the website, almost had to fix popcorn. My reg was complete by 0902 EST, low 4XXX here.

Greg
96 RT/10 (K&N carbon fiber airbox, smooth tubes, Borla 3" exhaust, revalved Konis, Eibach springs, adj endlinks, anti-toe brackets)
00 GTS (K&N's)
01 SVT COBRA
03 SRT-10 (not soon enough)

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
You'll definitely need valid proof of ownership (motor vehicle registration). I would highly suggest holding on to your car until after the dealer places you order... or offer your car for sale, but don't consumate the deal until after you complete the '03 ordering process.

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Attn: Joe Houss,

I took you up on your kind offer to email you with difficulties in the registration procedure just now. We had four "bought-new" VIN's to register and the computer would only accept one of them. When you call the phone number, you get put on hold and hear some broken-up "on-hold" music and then it eventually drops you. We sincerely hope this VIN database difficulty doesn't harm our chances of obtaining a registration certificate for the '03 SRT-10!

WHOOPS!...just as I am writing this email, I receive an email from Joe to say he has forwarded on our VIN's to HQ for a resolution of the problem. JOE...you're the best!! Thanks so much for all of your help!! Let's all hope for a quick resolution of the database difficulties!

silverviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Question: they had my address wrong, how do I get D.C. to change this in their records? I've notified several dealerships and the warranty service center...still always they have my old address.

I'm not sure yet if I'll get the SRT10, but I like the process they have set up. Thank you, D.C.

Cheers,
Nik

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my confirmations addresses was in correct...when you get your email confirmation it will ask you if the address is correct. If not... there is a link to send an email correction

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what a joke. i am the owner of 3 of these cars and i can't
even register for 1 of the new SRT's. The on line ordering *****,
none of my vin's are in the data base, so i alter my plans(work),
trying to fax the required info and the lines are *******...

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Viper HQ WILL solve all the issues! Hang in there. Yes, some of you will get the "not found" message when you type in your VIN. Just call the number and they'll quickly, and as painless as possible, request a few pieces of information that'll get things in order.

The system is working....for most!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
After urging all here to use the website----and meeting the ownership criteria precisely------it locked me out, too.

I then called the 877# and they could not find my vin or even my NAME in the database! Very weird. (This is my 3rd Viper!) They asked I fax proof of ownership. I attempted to fax 40-50 annoying busy-signal times before it finally went thru. I hope.

No confirmation, you see, as web-users get!