1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SRT Confirmation

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by GR8_ASP, Dec 10, 2001.

1. GR8_ASP

GR8_ASP Enthusiast

Just made the confirmation. No question regarding color or anything else. Just VIN and address type info. Confirmation number was quite high (08XX) is this an indication of th erelative order?

Ron

2. Joseph Houss

Joseph Houss VCA Member - Northeast

Confirmation numbers have no bearing on sequencing... if you got one ... that's all that matters!

Color choice will be requested when you visit your friendly Dodge Dealer.

ENJOY!

3. kverges

kverges Enthusiast

I hope number is not a bit deal - mine was 1xxxx and I had my confirming email before 9:05 EST. Surely 10,000 people did not beat me!

4. Y2K5SRT

Y2K5SRT VCA Member - West

The numbers would have to be random I would guess. Heck, I was ready with the cut-and-paste and ended up with #8980. And no big deal posting your certificate number - you will need the certificate and matching VIN to place your order at the dealership. Definitely quick and painless. Exciting too!

Chris

5. C O D Y

C O D Y Enthusiast

I'm in the 5,000's and I had mine done within seconds of opening.

I had the vin # copied and ready to paste in the correct spot. Even with a cable modem I ended up with a high number, but at least I'm in.

6. Lee00blacksilverGTS

Lee00blacksilverGTS Viper Owner

We were in at 9:05 also, with the same kind of number, I'm assuming this works like vins, lots of extra numbers.

7. VIPERESS

VIPERESS Enthusiast

Very easy and PAINLESS!! Received my certificate confirmation!![​IMG][​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Laura[​IMG][​IMG]

8. SRTim

SRTim Enthusiast

I'm signed up! My number was in the high 3,000's.

Tim

9. Y2K5SRT

Well, given that we have heard numbers in the 8000's, 5000's, 10,000's, and now 3,000's - no question they are completely random. What will be important is the time-stamp on the application. Of course, that time-stamp is also not going to be indiciative of a build order - just how quick you got your certificate request in. Personally, I would guess there will be a "pool" of +/- 2,000 certificates and those will be guaranteed a build if presented to a Dodge dealership (although Dodge hedges their bets and says "no guarantees"). Don't forget, as this certificate does not obligate the holder to make an actual purchase, there will undoubtedly be some certificates that are framed for the Viper memorabilia collection and never "cashed in". That's my guess anyway.

Chris

10. Fast Viper Dan

Fast Viper Dan Enthusiast

All of you were in before me and my number came up.......
    02003. I hope that wins a door prize!
    Dan

11. Mike Brunton

Mike Brunton Enthusiast

I got my registration in within seconds of when it opened. My confirmation # is in the 10,000's.

Did you guys read the FAQ on the site? It specifically says that the cert # is random and means nothing in terms of when you got a cert, or when you will get your car. It also says Dodge will allocate the cars as they see fit. So all that matters at this point is that you HAVE a confirmation #, and that you WILL get a cert. It doesn't even matter what "place in line" you have at a dealer.

I believe there may be an advantage to getting in early - perhaps if nothing else it's better to get your cert quicker, just in case they get a lot more response or something.

12. Ron

Ron Enthusiast

<FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Looks like I'm screwed.

Typed in my VIN on the web site directly from my copy of the Certificate of Origin and got "your number isn't in our database message!"

Tried calling in and when I get through, I just get the tape and when it says, "hold the line" it disconnects!!

Any ideas???</FONT f>

13. gtsviper

gtsviper Enthusiast

My 03 was delivered this morning. Triple Black. In the garage when I woke up. Santa opened the door for me. What do you need a certificate for?

14. GR8_ASP

GR8_ASP Enthusiast

Hard Luck Story - Just spoke to a fellow Viper owner on hiatus in Florida. While in his Prowler on the way to his condo at 9:00 to do the web certificate process he got hit by an elderly woman [​IMG]. Can you say Bad Luck? Ugh!

Ron

15. C O D Y

C O D Y Enthusiast

Zero's and & O's look allot alike....... Try it a couple different ways. The last 6 are numbers.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ron:
    <FONT face="Comic Sans MS">Looks like I'm screwed.

Typed in my VIN on the web site directly from my copy of the Certificate of Origin and got "your number isn't in our database message!"

Tried calling in and when I get through, I just get the tape and when it says, "hold the line" it disconnects!!

Any ideas???</FONT f>
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

16. Dirk Pitt

Dirk Pitt Enthusiast

I have the same problem as Ron. The web site won't take my VIN (called the dealer I purchased if from to to confirm it is correct) and the phone line disconnects repeatedly. I must have made 50 calls already.

Oh well. I am guessing the phone system they are using must be a Siemens and came from Daimler...

17. Y2K5SRT

<FONT size="5">IF YOUR VIN DOESN'T WORK, TRY THIS:</FONT s>

"If your VIN is not in our system and you meet the criteria, please fax us your Title (front and back) and Registration documents to 248-848-0301. Once these documents have been received and approved, your reservation will be processed."

That's from the website (intended for Canadian & Mexican orders), but should at least get your VIN in the system. Good luck!

Chris

18. Vip-RT10

Vip-RT10 Enthusiast

I've been out of the loop for a while...what is the site to get the certificate? I hope that I'm in!

19. Joseph Houss

There has been some issues with the VIN database. If your VALID, first owner Viper does not get you through the registration process, please call the telephone number listed, if it hangs up again, e-mail me.

20. Y2K5SRT

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vip-RT10:
    I've been out of the loop for a while...what is the site to get the certificate? I hope that I'm in!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

<FONT size="4"> CLICK HERE AND YOU WILL GO TO 2003VGX.COM! </FONT s>

21. Mike Brunton

Mike Brunton Enthusiast

I got a question about this process (although I think I know the answer).

Will Dodge likely require any additional proof of ownership after you have a confirmation number? Like a copy of the title, proof of registration, etc. I bet some people held off selling cars because they wanted a cert for a 2003.

It says that they will mail the certs around January 10th. That's almost a month away... long wait for people who want to sell, but are waiting to be guaranteed their spot in line first. Just wondering at what point you'd be "safe" - I guess when you get the cert in hand, right? [​IMG]

22. Joseph Houss

Over 200 registered at this point!

23. TacDoc

TacDoc Viper Owner

Looks like new snake headed to Kentucky. Painless reservation system. I especially liked the countdown to 0900 on the website, almost had to fix popcorn. My reg was complete by 0902 EST, low 4XXX here.

Greg
    96 RT/10 (K&N carbon fiber airbox, smooth tubes, Borla 3" exhaust, revalved Konis, Eibach springs, adj endlinks, anti-toe brackets)
    00 GTS (K&N's)
    01 SVT COBRA
    03 SRT-10 (not soon enough)

24. Joseph Houss

You'll definitely need valid proof of ownership (motor vehicle registration). I would highly suggest holding on to your car until after the dealer places you order... or offer your car for sale, but don't consumate the deal until after you complete the '03 ordering process.

25. viperprowler1

viperprowler1 Viper Owner

Attn: Joe Houss,

I took you up on your kind offer to email you with difficulties in the registration procedure just now. We had four "bought-new" VIN's to register and the computer would only accept one of them. When you call the phone number, you get put on hold and hear some broken-up "on-hold" music and then it eventually drops you. We sincerely hope this VIN database difficulty doesn't harm our chances of obtaining a registration certificate for the '03 SRT-10!

WHOOPS!...just as I am writing this email, I receive an email from Joe to say he has forwarded on our VIN's to HQ for a resolution of the problem. JOE...you're the best!! Thanks so much for all of your help!! Let's all hope for a quick resolution of the database difficulties!

26. silverviper

silverviper Enthusiast

Question: they had my address wrong, how do I get D.C. to change this in their records? I've notified several dealerships and the warranty service center...still always they have my old address.

I'm not sure yet if I'll get the SRT10, but I like the process they have set up. Thank you, D.C.

Cheers,
    Nik

27. VOI9 ASP

VOI9 ASP Enthusiast

One of my confirmations addresses was in correct...when you get your email confirmation it will ask you if the address is correct. If not... there is a link to send an email correction

28. FrankBarba

FrankBarba Viper Owner

what a joke. i am the owner of 3 of these cars and i can't
    even register for 1 of the new SRT's. The on line ordering sucks,
    none of my vin's are in the data base, so i alter my plans(work),
    trying to fax the required info and the lines are tied up...

29. Joseph Houss

Viper HQ WILL solve all the issues! Hang in there. Yes, some of you will get the "not found" message when you type in your VIN. Just call the number and they'll quickly, and as painless as possible, request a few pieces of information that'll get things in order.

The system is working....for most!

30. JonB

JonB Viper Owner

After urging all here to use the website----and meeting the ownership criteria precisely------it locked me out, too.

I then called the 877# and they could not find my vin or even my NAME in the database! Very weird. (This is my 3rd Viper!) They asked I fax proof of ownership. I attempted to fax 40-50 annoying busy-signal times before it finally went thru. I hope.

No confirmation, you see, as web-users get!