SRT Viper on Top Gear USA tonight

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know right. You have a LC paddled car driven by a professional that is actually on asphalt and then the viper on a strip of paint with a comedian/actor/anything I can get paid to do on TV/guy driving it. And the results are ... As you say, wouldn't expect it to win, but could fare much better if given even half a chance, geesh. The only thing the show is missing is the word "fail" in its title.
All that was missing was the Benny Hill Theme

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to recast the entire show with Jay Leno, Adam Carolla and Rowan Atkinson and that would be side splitting...:D

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regardless of where the Viper placed, that car looked gorgeous, especially out in the sun.

I know at the last 1/2 mile runway race I competed in, the white lines painted on the runway were impossible to hook up on even at 60 mph.

Cheers,
George

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
The "show" is hard to watch .... even with a Viper in it!!!

Had to take a break after 20 minutes.

Those 3 clowns, the writers and directors are disgusting .. and they are getting paid ...

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper was heads and shoulders the best looking car of the three. I cannot stand the putz who drove the Viper. He did not even have the car on the correct suspension setting going through the tunnel. He does not have a clue how to drive a performance car. Tanner is the real deal. He knows how to drive. The other fellow is tolerable but almost as annoying as the Viper driver. The hosts on the U.K. show know how to drive well and the Stig, whoever that person is, knows how to drive very well.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought the Top Gear BBC version tested an ACR for their lap times, yet it doesn't show up on their fast list??

jsd512

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did Chrysler remember to put the engine in it, before they shipped it to these clowns?

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper was heads and shoulders the best looking car of the three.

Seems like the wedge look is the current fad right now but the Viper styling is absolutely timeless with the likes of the Ferrari GTO, E Type Jag and the Shelby Daytona... It's like the best elements of those cars just way buff and fresh.

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I watched one episode of the US version and never watched it again. I LOVE the British Top Gear! Those guys can't be replaced.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
It's amusing, at how we get butt hurt so easily about our favorite car!

My impression from this show, is firstly that the Viper is the best looking car of the three. The Lamborghini looks awkwardly angular and devoid of inspiration, and the 12C is too understated and tame looking. In contrast, the Viper is one **** *****, among dull cows.

There was no serious performance testing done here, nothing to hang your hat on.

The 12C is the most advanced of the three, but if I end up spending that kinda money, I'd get a 458, just for the novelty of saying I had a Ferrari once in my life. Yes, even tho the 12C is superior in various ways. Even tho I fit in better. It's just too tame looking, not bad looking, but too quiet and unassuming.

Right now, I don't have any plans for a super car. Maybe when the dual clutch comes out on the Viper, I'll take another look at it. But right now, I'm inclined to try something different.

Nobody g.a.fk, I know. On the Viper forum, we're all supposed to be brand loyal. Oh well..
But I'm still having fun with my near 700 hp GTS! 60,000 smiles, baby!

madninjaskillz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The "show" is hard to watch .... even with a Viper in it!!!

Had to take a break after 20 minutes.

Those 3 clowns, the writers and directors are disgusting .. and they are getting paid ...

Couldn't have said it better. I still enjoy the original version, however.

viper vince

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What we need to see is 3 drivers who are actual pros and 3 average guys racing the same 3 cars back to back !

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
It seems they haven't brought back the lap times on the US show for whatever reason (unless I missed something). That's usually helps to even out the driver ability some to get an idea of how the cars performance compares.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave