SRT10- Dealers to deal with

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Well put - Agree 1000% with you !!

Guess you should also add that the good dealers are also there to help with viper trained technicians and they have always stood by with warantee and/or crash/insurance related issues.

I can't see or imagine any such support from a so so dealer who are just trying to push his allocation for the short term.

Thus one must ask one self - is it worth the risk/hassle - well it is up to each one of us to decide where to buy our cars, BUT

MY SUPPORT IS ON WOODHOUSE !!!!!! where an agreement is an agreement and support goes beyond what I have ever experienced from any other dealer.

just my 2 cents worth

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, I have a question. When I receive my certificate, I can go to any dealer of my chosing, even if they are not someone who sells tons of Vipers, and they will definitely be able to get me a car, soley because I have a certificate??? The reason I ask this, is because when I bought my 98 (new) the dealer seemed to have somewhat of a hard time getting me the car when promised. I'm not sure if it was because they don't sell too many, or really just what the issue was. I didn't purchase my 2000 from them, only because I didn't want to wait. However they do service on my cars, and treat me very well.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura, any dealer will be able to order it. I was speaking more about the different levels of service that might be missing by going somewhere you may not be familiar with. If you are happy with the service and you trust them, then go for it.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My local Dodge dealer, although Viper certified, are a bunch of bozos. They left my GTS outside UNLOCKED in the rain for several days before a friend called me and told me and I went down there and chewed them out.

They regularly let anyone (who they think might buy) take the Vipers out for test drives. The guys I drag race with all laughed about how we had all beaten the crap out of a particular red 97 GTS - one of them even missed a shift and WAY over-revved the engine when it only had 30 or so miles on it. I SHUDDER to think what will happen if I order an SRT from them. They would let all the guys drive it... maybe even some customers. And would probably scratch it up before they deliver it trying to "wash" it.

Why deal with that kind of BS when someone like Woodhouse will give a fair deal, and take care of you 100%. I have no interest in getting my car damaged, or joy ridden before I even get it. Order from the guys who have been there for us - places like Woodhouse, Roanoke, and the others who support this board.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I sure am not going with a Johnny Come Lately dealer. Most of my experience buying cars (many) results in such a hassle, with the deceptive actions of most of these robbers, that I kinda feel dirty upon leaving. That doesn't happen with Bill P. and the folks at Woodhouse.

No sir, not giving any of them a second thought. You hear good things about Roanoke, etc. (and I am sure they are good), but if you have had the best experience of your car buying life, why risk it?

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who are the Viper Friendly Delaers? You have Tator, Roanoke,
Woodhouse, i am sure that there are others out there. If anyone else has a dealer like Steve described let us know about them..

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many of you have asked, where, when and how much? Now you need to ask yourself WHY! What I mean by that statement is something that everyone purchasing a SRT-10 needs to be aware of.

Over the years there have been two types of dealer, one that cares about selling cars and one that cares about building a relationship with the Viper Nation. The first one is usually easiest to see when they see a way of benefiting their own personal situation. While the latter is the one that is looking at supporting Viper in any way possible.

I have seen many dealers offering ridiculously low pricing on the new SRT-10. You might get a good price, but will that translate into an enjoyable overall experience? Will they give you a fair trade-in allowance? Will they properly prep your Viper? Will they honor the agreed price? Will they even deliver what they promise? These are the questions you need to be certain of when you go to a dealer with no proven "Viper Friendly" service.

The Dealers that HAVE supported the Viper Nation are easy to find. They have remained fair to us whether it was a hot year or simply a normal year. They are also the first ones to reach into their pockets to make SURE that VCA events are funded properly, and have no problem sending out a staff too events to make sure that YOU get to enjoy a full weekend of Viper Driving pleasure. Why do they do this? Because they know what we want, need and how to accomplish this.

Why am I saying all of this? Because since the very beginning there have been many highs and low in the relationship with dealers. Many have stepped up and provided us with what we asked for. They make the whole process something truly special. Buying a Viper needs to be special, not a nightmare. Way to many times I have heard the "nightmare" stories. Do you remember 1992? Every dealer seemed to have a 92 coming. They would take your money, and if it showed they would call you in. That was when the nightmare started. There was a member in Detroit that ordered a Viper from the more reasonably priced dealer in the area. His friend ordered one from a higher priced dealer. Well the dealer with the reasonable priced one came in, called the owner, told him to come down and get it! Well when he got there, the dealer adjusted the price by $20,000. When the owner balked, the dealer then said fine, I have someone who will buy it for that price, so you are **** Out of Luck. Well after 6-8 month's of lawyers they finally got the owner a Viper, but it wasn't even the one he waited for. While this was happening, his friend got a later vin Viper 3 month's before he got his.

So I ask you, how much value do you put in knowing how great of an experience your "Viper Friendly" dealer can provide to you? It's your money, time and dream. Do what you feel is right. Service has a price. And in the Viper Nation the price has always been worth it. Happy Ordering everyone!

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
ALL the dealers that advertise on this site, support us, LOVE Vipers, and will surely offer competitive deals and AWESOME support!

mrviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is great to hear positive comments about supporting Viper Dealers. Anyone can be a Dodge Dealer but it takes someone special to be a Dodge Viper Dealer. Viper Nation- Please understand they we have many costs involved to be able to stock and sell Vipers. I for one will be as fair on the price of the new SRT/10's and your trade in value if needed as possible. As Steve F. said, the most important thing in considering your dealer choice to order the SRT/10 is YOU MUST BE CONFIDENT IN THE DODGE DEALER YOU ARE DEALING WITH!

Good Luck and may many miles of smooth asphalt pass under your Viper tires in 2002!

Mr. Viper
Latham Dodge

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For all those that need proof that these types of dealer games still occur, look at the post from Mike in Denver. The dealer he called is already giving him a line. And as I mentioned in the post above, go where you want but please do not come here and complain when you have a hard time.

Support and respect are a two way street.

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to re-read the opening post since it appears that a large number of dealers are already trying to take advantage of how this program is going to work.

I already heard of a dealer taking orders for 20 grand over MSRP. How are they doing it you might ask? Simple, this dealer was also one of the ones telling you that he will give you a great deal (I think around $500 over invoice) if you bring them your certificate.

Again, if you want a hassle free, wonderful Viper purchase experience, support those how have PROVEN that they will be true and honest to the Family! (now you know I am a **** with a comment like that!)LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth