Starter Button, Exhaust Sound, Other Observations

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
While at PVO last week, got to crank up a SRT-10 several times. You will like the starter button. The key turns the ignition "on" and the button hits the starter. Several years ago, I put a starter button from a Bently Continental T on my RT/10. Like the Bently, the key can start the car also. BUT, I like the SRT-10 set up better.

The sound on start-up was better than my stock RT/10 - definately more muscular sounding. We were also told, that the finished product will sound even better. BTW, the seats and interior are outstanding. Since we have four other Mopars, really like the the corporate radio in there.

One last thing, the top is effortless.

This is FACT - no BS - so shut off the meter

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey George- tell us more about the top, please.

Can you explain the hardtop arrangement that is used here? Plastic or glass back window? Is it insulated? How many clips? Can one person raise/lower it easily? Can you sit on the top when down?

OP
OP
George Farris

George Farris

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
To raise the top,you must first open the trunk which is highly articulated. It does finally have gas struts!!

Then, release a latch on the driver's side. The top snaps free and pulling it up was no effort at all. It felt like the mechanism was spring loaded...I don't think it was ...didn't ask...too shocked at how easy it was.

Any after market hardtop arangement appears to be difficult at best. Not sure what you are asking with regards to a hardtop.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The seats were way to narrow for most of us. I think half of us that sat in the car had more than a tight fit. I know - go on a diet.

I hope they widen the sides of the seat a little. We are not all small framed. Maybe an air bladder seat that fills up on the sides to fit everyone?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth