STATUS CHANGE

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

VCA International Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
It's STRYKER RED...Black & Red Interior...Polished Wheels..CF Exterior...Upgraded Sound System....Car Cover...
AND (will be) GORGEOUS!!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. I've been in D status for about a month. at that time I only had last 8 of VIN. As of today I have a Full VIN.

Question: do the characters in front of the last 8 of the VIN have any significance time-wise or build-wise or not even?

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats. I've been in D status for about a month. at that time I only had last 8 of VIN. As of today I have a Full VIN.

Question: do the characters in front of the last 8 of the VIN have any significance time-wise or build-wise or not even?

Actually I only have the last 8 numbers..I thought that was all you needed to be assured a "build"?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is......congrats:)

Up until today that's what I had too. My question wasn't directed towards you specifically; it was more of a general question to whom ever knows the answer.

Either way, I'm confident that our new snakes will slither into our garages this summer....which is coming soon!!:D

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
it is......congrats:)

Up until today that's what I had too. My question wasn't directed towards you specifically; it was more of a general question to whom ever knows the answer.

Either way, I'm confident that our new snakes will slither into our garages this summer....which is coming soon!!:D

I also wonder..specifically....what do the numbers in the VIN # indicate? and what does it mean when they assign the rest of the VIN? (anything?!)....(If I'm asking a repeat question..excuse me! LOL)....?

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's STRYKER RED...Black & Red Interior...Polished Wheels..CF Exterior...Upgraded Sound System....Car Cover...
AND (will be) GORGEOUS!!

Dream car.

When it does arrive, would you do us all the favor of posting extensive pics... particularly of the CF exterior bits and detailed interior shots?

Congrats!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
very happy for you...but I have had a full vin since December!! still in 'production scheduled' status!!!

OP
OP
vipernut

vipernut

Venom Member
Reaction score
Okay..so having a VIN doesn't mean I'm getting my car tomorrow!! It's still better than when I wasn't getting any car..and better than before I had a VIN #!!

I'm still ecstatic! And I definitely will plaster you all with all kinds of pictures!!

And hopefully I do get the CF option I've asked for.

And 09 Venom...I hope you get your car before I do......however it's possible that they're doing all the "same paint" cars before they do the customs?!

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words. just got off the phone with my dealer, he is just as aggravated as me. he has no clue what is going on. he said he cant blame me for wanting my deposit back. I will give it one more week for an update. I have a great deal on another car I don't want to slip away.
Okay..so having a VIN doesn't mean I'm getting my car tomorrow!! It's still better than when I wasn't getting any car..and better than before I had a VIN #!!

I'm still ecstatic! And I definitely will plaster you all with all kinds of pictures!!

And hopefully I do get the CF option I've asked for.

And 09 Venom...I hope you get your car before I do......however it's possible that they're doing all the "same paint" cars before they do the customs?!

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the kind words. just got off the phone with my dealer, he is just as aggravated as me. he has no clue what is going on. he said he cant blame me for wanting my deposit back. I will give it one more week for an update. I have a great deal on another car I don't want to slip away.

I just wrote mine again to see any status update. At this point, it is looking bad on SRT. I mean, at worst I'll cancel my order and wait till next year. I mean, I don't really need a new $100k car - so it isn't a terrible thing to happen.

They said they'd hit custom orders back in Feb and they haven't even in what is virtually May. Three months behind? Come on.

I like Ralph, but he needs to grab this bull by the horns. Maybe I'll snail mail him a letter expressing discontent.

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ralph just tweeted a warehouse pic saying "ready to ship today". A bunch of LE and GTS's... looks like a few red SRT's as well!

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry! I screwed up... I was looking at my old faves! My mistake... people seemed worked up enough without my posts haha

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too excited about D status. That is just basically confirming your order and saying it is scheduled to get built someday. My car is listed as "Build Priority 01" and has been on D1 status for over a month now. No change.

Craigers15

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine has been in D1 status as well for several months... quick question... I have an estimated build date of May 20, I see people have estimated shipping dates on here. Is a ship date the same as estimated build date?

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for u guys in D1, when u you realistically expect delivery at this point? July?

This Wed is already May 1st....

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, STILL waiting for my Launch Edition. Been ordered since October. I got excited when it started going down the line a month ago. Well, according to VOTS, it's been in Trim status for 3 weeks and counting. What is going on???

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with SRT at this point. They should have been more transparent on the custom order cars, and provided us with at least a rudimentary schedule. Maybe even a site that gives any updates related to parts on hold, etc... There has to be some sort of schedule, whether based on color of vehicle, VIN#, VON#, dealership stock, etc... that exists. How about sharing the info? This custom ordering experience hasn't been enjoyable at all. The fact that they have built non-LE cars to stock dealerships with is annoying to those who have already put a deposit down to order cars.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm disappointed with SRT at this point. They should have been more transparent on the custom order cars, and provided us with at least a rudimentary schedule. Maybe even a site that gives any updates related to parts on hold, etc... There has to be some sort of schedule, whether based on color of vehicle, VIN#, VON#, dealership stock, etc... that exists. How about sharing the info? This custom ordering experience hasn't been enjoyable at all. The fact that they have built non-LE cars to stock dealerships with is annoying to those who have already put a deposit down to order cars.

Honestly, I am bored with the entire experience at this point. Seeing as there is no word yet, I fully don't expect the car until July. To which, the drivable part of the year is fading fast.

Oh, and Virginia raised sales tax on cars, which goes up July 1. So thanks to SRT, I'll be paying more money in taxes. Awesome!

Perhaps I should have followed others and just waited until 2014.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth