Steering Wheel Replacment for track use

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wondering how biig a deal it is to remove the steering wheel to install a momo? What about the Airbag light? Also do they detach easily.... would love to have some feedback on this subject from those that have done it. Also would like feedback on how to pick out a steering wheel?

Tthis car is primarily for track use anymore.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Shandon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some info here:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/628551-change-steering-wheel.html
and here:
http://forums.viperclub.org/srt10-srt10-coupe-discussions/600350-steering-wheel.html

pick one that you like as this is a personal item for a driver just as shoes would be for a runner or batting gloves for a baseball player. Look at the Sparcos as well as the momo's.

Thanks, I saw those aready but neither answered my question. What to do about the light? I guess besides pull the bulb? PIA!

I like the idea of trying them but no place around me sells them so I am SOL on feel tests. Have to go with recomendations or at least get it narrowed to two and order both and return one.

Reaction score
Shandon,

You will have to live with the light, not a big deal to me, and this is the BEST feeling wheel I have tried (I have 5 different ones kinda like shoes to me :rolaugh:)

Sparco
You must be registered for see images attach

Thanks, I saw those aready but neither answered my question. What to do about the light? I guess besides pull the bulb? PIA!

I like the idea of trying them but no place around me sells them so I am SOL on feel tests. Have to go with recomendations or at least get it narrowed to two and order both and return one.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Mark is quite a " Wheelman!" Sure he is pretty fast, but we call him that because he is the Imelda Marcos of steering wheels. I think you are viewing Monday, haha.

It is a great wheel , though, I will concur.

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or you can recover your stock leather wheel with alcantara.

DSC003981.JPG

Reaction score
The light weight Sparco combined with the solid aluminum rack bushings will make the car feel like a totally different animal, response and feed back from the tires is awesome.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Magnus_

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Sorry to bump this older thread but all the links to relevant threads are broken.

Are you guys using spacers with your aftermarket steering wheels? I want to space a new aftermarket steering wheel about 1" closer to my body.

Do you need a special kit to mount those steering wheels?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235