Stereo upgrades, anyone??????

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any aftermarket stereo upgrades in there GTS's? I have an alpine iva-c800 head unit with navi, but the speakers ****......any suggestions out there?

thanks,
chan

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put in a complete Eclipse system. Eclipse deck/2-10'Eclipse subs/1000 watt Eclipse amp/2-5'Eclipse door speakers. It rocks!!! The subs were custom fit into 2 fiberglass cases. Stock anything *****!!! :headbang:

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went the cheaper route: Bazooka triangle bass cannon with 800 watt amp attached. The stock speakers could handle the highs and mid range with no problem. It needed some bass. Fits right in the center of the luggage area and could be removed in 5 minutes. Just get dark tint on the hatch to keep the five finger discounters away. This simple addition made my hair jump.

OP
OP
W

whip383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for all ur reply's. any pics of ur set-ups? also, has anyone tried to add subs in the rear stock locations?

thanks,
chan

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a custom box made with an Eclipse 10" and pulled out the spare which I know you are not supposed to do for structural integrity but did anyway. I have Boston Acoustic Pro's all around with 4 separate crossovers for each location.

Be careful about putting enclosures on the sides, several posts have been written about blocking the rear vents and heat building up which can cause the adhesive to weaken on the hatch clasp.

Good luck, you may want to run new braided cables with high quality speakers because good speakers can really make alternator hum more noticeable. The braided cables help block the hum by an electromagnetic process. The filters placed in line really won't help much, I tried them and tore my whole system down searching for the high pitched wine only to discover it was coming from a broken ground attachment in a cable. If you have Magnecore spark plug wires you pretty much cannot get away from the hum from what I understand. I do not have them so I cannot say myself, maybe others can help.

Good luck!
Kurt

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chan,

Unfortunately I do not have any pictures yet because I am one of the few without a digital camera. I have been waiting for the market to stabilize before I jump in. If you have any questions, I would be glad to try and answer them.

Pretty much anything you do will make it sound better, but the car was not designed to have a great stereo. It is just not possible to make things perfect short of Dynomatting the whole cabin and figuring a way to tune the interior with the gas tank area in between.

Cheers & here's to the best music you can make!!

Kurt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456