Still no production date on the 08?

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I wonder if they are waiting for all the leftovers to be sold? Looks like Fall deliveries are becoming more of a reality. :(

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Has there been a report on the number of 06's still left for sale? I hear of all these amazing deals on new cars. At least that is what folks who have called about my 06 for sale have reported.

To think that you can get a 500hp vert for Corvette money is fantastic. Seems like a great time to buy, not so great to sell.

Viper ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cant wait to get the final info on the car. I check out the Dodge site everyday to see if they have updated it. Release date , pricing and any available horsepower options . I've listed my 2000 steel Gray ACR on the forum. It will make the purchase of the new 2008 a lot easier. But Even if I don't sell the car. I'm gonna purchase the new 2008 as soon as I can. Cant wait tell they release the final details .

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score
To think that you can get a 500hp vert for Corvette money is fantastic. Seems like a great time to buy, not so great to sell.

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!

I was wondering if I was the only one to make this connection!!

NoRice

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's been posted already that the plant was shut down until April/May time frame. So you wouldn't see 08's until August probably the earliest.

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard November for the first cars. Green, metallic red and GTS blue in the first run. First run is 3 months. I want a Viper Red with white stripes....I hear that will be in the next run...Feb. 2008 at best. Meanwhile, we'll enjoy the 06.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
john gastman told me that he too is expecting a very late summer, or probably fall delivery of the first cars.

delivering 600 HP Vipers as winter starts closing in still doesnt make any sense to me, but what do i know?

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that no red+ white stripes will be made in 2008 because of the exclusive run of 50 r+w coupes (2006). Originally Dodge was going to make r+w but the VCA made a big deal of it and word is Dodge cancelled that color combo for '08...

-J

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard that no red+ white stripes will be made in 2008 because of the exclusive run of 50 r+w coupes (2006). Originally Dodge was going to make r+w but the VCA made a big deal of it and word is Dodge cancelled that color combo for '08...

-J

I hope that doesn't happen. Why would Dodge showcase the 08 at the North American Auto Show in red/white and not make it available? Can some one who attended the meetings before the auto show comment on this???Please? :confused:

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-J

I hope that doesn't happen. Why would Dodge showcase the 08 at the North American Auto Show in red/white and not make it available? Can some one who attended the meetings before the auto show comment on this???Please? :confused:

We were told that there would be no red and white, blue and white in this body style. It would not be made until the next body change as per their marketing guru. If you remember, they showcased red and white at some of the previous years car shows as well, but did not produce them other than the 50 VCA cars. I am happy with that decision for obvious reasons :headbang:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-J

We were told that there would be no red and white, blue and white in this body style. It would not be made until the next body change as per their marketing guru. If you remember, they showcased red and white at some of the previous years car shows as well, but did not produce them other than the 50 VCA cars. I am happy with that decision for obvious reasons :headbang:

What year is the next body change?

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-J

I don't remember a red/white SRT being showcased at previous years shows....and the way these cars have been selling, maybe a new marketing guru would be a good idea. :D

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-J

I borrowed the information from the "alley" and posted it here. It said that the presidents voted down the red/white and blue/white options on the new cars. Since then I read somewhere that this only apply's to the coupes. So, it maybe possible to get these colors on the verts? I would hope someone who attended the presidents meeting could speak up, but they all seem to be pretty tight lipped about this.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-J

I borrowed the information from the "alley" and posted it here. It said that the presidents voted down the red/white and blue/white options on the new cars. Since then I read somewhere that this only apply's to the coupes. So, it maybe possible to get these colors on the verts? I would hope someone who attended the presidents meeting could speak up, but they all seem to be pretty tight lipped about this.

There was no mention of the restrictions being only for the coupes, I do know that when the color chart was being passed around, the blue and white and red and white were X'ed out as unavailable. The presidents at the meeting were only voicing the opinions of the membership as it was relayed to them from their local clubs. I would hope that anyone with a strong opinion either way would have voiced their opinion to their local president at one of their meetings or by just calling them and letting them know (I know I did).

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice to read that Dodge is listening to the VCA. I may not agree with it totally, but the fact that they took the VCA's opinion in consideration is very cool.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to read that Dodge is listening to the VCA. I may not agree with it totally, but the fact that they took the VCA's opinion in consideration is very cool.

When we met with the SRT engineers at the research center, they told us specifically that the original target for the new motor was 560 HP, but from following the forum, they increased the target to 600 :headbang:

FinalEd357

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think it would be great not to offer those 2 combos for 3 reasons: There will be enough other great combos, to preserve the integrity of the '06 special editions and to listen to the membership. All 3 provide exactly what many Vipers want: Exclusivity and input. Who could fault them for that?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth