Still tinkering with the interior!

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First pic is before & 2nd pic is after (All I did was polish the door sills & paint the lettering & stripes black, and changed out the pedals, can't believe I actually found some the same color as my interior). Guys just to let you know I'm not a big fan of a lot of that cheesy stuff that the viper store sells for vipers (I did not buy any of this from there by the way) but tell me if you think this looks cheesy! I'm just trying to find the right combo! Thanks

Attachments

• DSC00816.jpg
    DSC00816.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 359
  • DSC00934.jpg
    DSC00934.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 376

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerry, looks good :2tu: I really like what you did to the side sill covers .... the pedals are bordering on cheese IMO, but don't look bad at all. I'm glad everyone has different tastes, or all of our cars would look the same :omg:

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerry, looks good :2tu: I really like what you did to the side sill covers .... the pedals are bordering on cheese IMO, but don't look bad at all. I'm glad everyone has different tastes, or all of our cars would look the same :omg:
Thanks, yeah I still have the other pedals just in case I get another change of heart (that's exactly what I was thinking, about them being pretty close to that borderline)!

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Says the guy with the 2 foot wing...
Thanks Guys, Ryan (Good One, Lol)! Z, it won't be all good until you sell me your Lemke Top (j/k) I've left Jeff 2 messages now & still No Response, maybe he really doesn't have time to do them anymore. So if anybody knows where I could find one please let me know ASAP!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerry, you're right... it is right on the edge... like if you did it to something else in the interoir, like the gear shift, then it would over the line. But it matches down there there pretty well as is.

:idea: If you are "tinkering with the interior" then consider those fugly floormats. :think:
I had those exact mats in last summer and replaced them with snakeoyle products tapestry mats and it was a great facelift to the interior let me tell ya!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

You'll absolutely love the difference it makes with your interior! :2tu:
http://www.snakeoylproducts.com/product.php?productid=17587&cat=323&page=1
You can call them and see about custom mats like I did... mine is not shown on their website.

Mike

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you use to paint the sills? I have a custom set in one of my other vehicles and was worried about just using "touch up paint" ... and thought it seemed like a pain in the butt to tape everything off good enough. ---

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score

what he said :2tu:

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you use to paint the sills? I have a custom set in one of my other vehicles and was worried about just using "touch up paint" ... and thought it seemed like a pain in the butt to tape everything off good enough. ---
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, I put 3 coats of the semi-gloss black on it. And if you have any overspray or touch up outside of the lines, you can just polish it off or goof-off works pretty good too. BYT, I might have to check those out, but Sneaky's got a pretty big a$$ head on there! Lol! BY THE WAY, I just got off the phone with Mr. Lemke (Jeff's Dad) about MAYBE making a deal on one of their older used tops he's got! He did say they've been too busy with the other stuff & kind of putting the Lemke Tops on hold for the time being but may start it back up in the near future, just have to see how it goes.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, great news on the trunk top. Hopefully it works out for you. :2tu:

As far as Sneaky having a big head... I think the mats you have now are the factory mats. Back then 'ole Pete was young humble.
so after all these years of listening to "vipers are awesome", vipers are great", "vipers are ****" etc., now he has a big head! :lmao2:

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, great news on the trunk top. Hopefully it works out for you. :2tu:

As far as Sneaky having a big head... I think the mats you have now are the factory mats. Back then 'ole Pete was young humble.
so after all these years of listening to "vipers are awesome", vipers are great", "vipers are ****" etc., now he has a big head! :lmao2:
Lol! BYT, you are too funny! No, mine are not those cheap factory ones, if you look close enough underneath the sneaky pete logo it has the Viper ensigna (not sure I spelled that right).

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are generally nice and if they don't like something won't say anything at all even when asked. This leaves skewed like/dislike stats up for interpretation.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have Lloyd mats ... I have a set of them in my car.

I prefer them over the "big head" mats above, but those are nice too!!!

Did you use the "touch up paint" brush-on, or just spray paint? ---

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have Lloyd mats ... I have a set of them in my car.

I prefer them over the "big head" mats above, but those are nice too!!!

Did you use the "touch up paint" brush-on, or just spray paint? ---
Yeah, you can see on my signature their Lloyd (BYT just wasn't paying attention!Lol!). I used the spray!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, you can see on my signature their Lloyd (BYT just wasn't paying attention!Lol!). I used the spray!

I always pay attention...
uuh, what were we talking about again? :dunce:

besides, that signature is like reading War and Peace
I don't have that kind of attention span :lmao2:

vpower01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
First pic is before & 2nd pic is after (All I did was polish the door sills & paint the lettering & stripes black, and changed out the pedals, can't believe I actually found some the same color as my interior). Guys just to let you know I'm not a big fan of a lot of that cheesy stuff that the viper store sells for vipers (I did not buy any of this from there by the way) but tell me if you think this looks cheesy! I'm just trying to find the right combo! Thanks

Where did you get the side sills?They look great.

OP
OP
M

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did you redo the bottom half of the door panels in leather/vinyl?
Yes I did, I HAD to replace that crappy cognac carpet mess, & I also did the center console in black. I don't mind cognac so much, just not ALL cognac! BYT, no just YOUR signature is like that!

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerry, The sills look so good, I'm going to go out and see if mine would work like that. The pedals, not really crazy about, but I have a boring black interior!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R