Stock Brakes are for the....! Roe Racing does it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've driven Sean's Viper. As they say "it'll stop on a dime." It is on my list of upgrades to my 97 GTS.

I'm also getting the bushing kit this week. I'll let you know how it is.

Reaction score
I too can attest to the shear stopping ability displayed by Ken's Viper; Sean's brakes work very, very well. So well, in fact, that Ken would repeatedly slow his car down to speeds that would make a turtle embarassed while going into turns last weekend at Buttonwillow. Many-o-times I would blast past him while he was displaying the sheer power of those brakes. Maybe he can make you a souped up gas pedal to go along with the brakes!

They certainly do work!!!!

WAR ADELBERG!!!!!!!!!!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chuck (or anyone else with info),

What's involved in upgrading to ABS for pre-'01 vipers?

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have got a guy coming out to do my Y2K RT with a retro kit...send me a PM if you want details....not too involved but not cheap either

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken, I'm glad your brakes are working well. I too have found Sean to be a helpful, knowledgable guy (with good prices). And you did a great job getting through that post with a minimum of grammatical and punctuation errors.

But WHY would you post that is completely beyond my comprehension! (Especially since it was a topic about slowing down your car...) You KNOW that Mumford has been sitting at his laptop since Sunday night, checking this board every 30 seconds, just _waiting_ for you to say something, ready to pounce and lay into you.

Quite frankly, I think you are in a psychological state where you WANT this abuse. It was this subconscience desire that caused you to "check out" and not drive well on Sunday afternoon (after you had driven well up to that point). ie, Mumford wouldn't give you a hard time if you had a strong podium finish SO you mentally "threw in the towel" and let THREE NorCal drivers give you a beatdown. This way, you were certain to be on the receiving end of a Mumford tongue-lashing.

Ken, just as I think it is tragic when battered women return to their spouses, I was saddened to read your post. Because I care [sniff], I'm encouraging you to seek help to break free from your dependency of Mumford abuse.

Reaction score
I only pick on him because I love him. I have a hard time controlling my temper. I promise it'll be different in the future and I won't pick on him anymore. Give me another chance, Ken?

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about some after-Roe braking distances? Can we define just how much of an improvement, in terms of 60-0 stopping distance? Thanks...
You must be registered for see images

Jim Hodel

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are the Viper Days points adders for Sean's complete brake system? Of course, these rules are subject to interpretation, but it looks to me like they are worth about 6 points.

Other brake system 2 pts
Rotors larger then stock 1 pt
Calipers over 4 piston 2 pts
Race brake pads larger then stock 1 pt

Jim

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will all have to ask Sean Roe for the numbers on braking distance. I have even tested for one of his competitors and they had a front brake kit, which was very well balanced but really a street kit. I'm sorry but I will not mention a brand name in a negative light. They had claimed 60-0 in about 110 feet. This is no contest to Sean's kit. I drove on street tires on one day and then on Goodyear slicks. Awesome control and pedal feel. The 14 inch rotors allow you to really control the slight trial braking after turn in as well as weight transfer in general. I never had brake fade and never had to bleed the brakes.

No excuse, but I got beat by the Nor. Cal. guys because one of them has a lot of motor upgrades and both of them have 14 inch wide rear Goodyear's. Give me that tire set up and Mumford would have been in trouble. Even Mumford said there is no comparison. 14 vs 12 inch wide rears, exiting slow increasing radius corners with an uphill exit. No throttle modulation needed. No doubt, those guys have really improved.

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FAARRR OUTTT! V10 JENN!!! What'cha been smokin'!??

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V10 Jenn:
I look forward to the continuation of this ongoing parade of semi-fact filled stories complete with excuses galore followed by mutual name calling and community insults... "Corded tires", "9 cylinders", "no brakes", etc, etc, etc.

BRAVO!!

[/B]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm, seems that a worthy opponent has entered the smack fray. "She" seems to actually followed some of the inane banter that has been tossed about recently. I put "she" in quotations because I am not sure that this "V10 Jenn" is all that "she" appears to be....

At first I thought that "V10 Jenn" may actually be Lil' Whoadie's alter ego, but the complete lack of spelling and grammatical errors and other "Adelbergisms" led me to dismiss the thought that this person may just be Kenny in a skirt.

Could it be that we actually have a Pournakova in the mix?????? Next thing ya know we may need to institute a "Ladies Line." Naaa, this "V10 Jen" was a little too obvious in her smack down of anyone and anything even remotely Anti-Kenny. "She" even went so far as to pull out the "Man-on-Man-Love" card in her attempt to crack back at Mumdodge and the dogpile on the Lil' Whoadie crowd.

The answer is clear - Kenny left his computer on and his "Tonya" got on and came to his defense! NICE!!!! Now all she needs to learn how to do is throw some gloss and she might even be ready to step up to Brett and his grill bending smack.

WAR HAVING GIRLFRIENDS COME TO YOUR DEFENSE!!!!!

Out.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have run track events in my 2000 GTS and the brakes were horrible, brake fade and unbalanced. The nose dives like a Lincoln. I would get out braked by a Suburban. Stopping distance on a stock Viper from 60-0 is about 150 feet. A stock Yukon XL Denali stops 60-0 in 135 feet. What is wrong with that. Try hitting the brakes at 155mph.

Just put Roe Racing's brake package on and went out to Viper Days. WOW! Now I can use brake markers. That is a first in a Viper, even for Mumford. The front consists of an AP six piston caliper with a 14inch PFC rotor (same rotor the Oreca team used at Le Mans). I have done four track events on the same front brake pads and there is still life. Stock, I would go through a set in one weekend. The rear uses the stock rotor with a Corvette front caliper. All adjustable with a proportioning valve.

If you want the car to stop this is an awesome solution and priced lower then all the competition. Call Roe Racing 904-733-5469 or www.roeracingonline.com

Thanks again, Sean!

mit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What are people finding with respect to braking distances, fade and proportion witt the 2001 ABS equipped GTS coupes?

Thanks,
Amit

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't comment on fade in racetrack use, but I clocked my '01 RT/10 stopping 60-0 in 110-112' repeatably. Proportioning is not a major issue with ABS, but the fronts will go into ABS cycling first at street speeds.

Reaction score
Wow, that's amazing! Ken Gillooly....errrrr Adelberg has done some pretty odd things in the past and has been justly reprimanded, but this is a new low. Having Tone-ya...errrrr his girlfriend come in to help fight his battles is a rather desperate measure.

Maybe he finally realized that he needs backup? I guess it's hard to blame him. If after getting pummeled in the schoolyard over and over, you come to a point where you can't take it anymore and you call in Mommy to rat the kids out to the principal.

One of two things must've happened....either Ken called for backup or Tone-ya has had enough of watching her man get his daily dose of discipline. I for one believe it's the latter. Either way, that's true love for ya!

Maybe we should eliminate the middleman and have Tone-ya drive his car for him? I'm just wondering if Tone-ya is gonna take a lead pipe to my clutch leg if this doesn't work?

WAR GILLOOLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
huh?.............it's always good to get someone "new" on the site. Welcome aboard!!hhhmmmm.....v10jen, the words bring a stimulating fresh air to another well worn thrashing of lil' kenny.dj

Jon 98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Come on, guys -- why are you bagging on V10 Jenn? Shrinks charge over $2/min for insight like that and we are getting it for free. Maybe we should be thanking V10 Jenn for taking the time to psychoanalyze us without even having to ask her to do so. (I was ready to make an appointment with her to discuss ink spots and my childhood... but she didn't include her email address.)

But getting back to the topic of brakes (which is how this thread got started), everyone -- myself included -- complains about the stock braking system and quotes the horrible 60-0 measurements listed in the car rags. But these numbers are with the stock brake pads. When I dumped the stock pads for performance pads, I noticed a huge difference.

Does anyone have any numbers for the stock system with different pads (say Porterfield, Brakeman, Hawk or PFC)?

Perhaps V10 Jenn's altruism will inspire me to find my G-Tech and get some data this weekend so I can post it here to for the benefit of all who read this board...

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, Well, Well. Now I see my true enemies accusing me of getting my mom or girlfriend to write in for me. Although they would and that is true love, which Mumford know's nothing about! I can assure you this is not my mother or girlfriend. I don't know who this V10 Jenn is, but thank you for the support. Although I am not the linguist many of you are and as you all know my spelling can lack perfection, I will always voice my own feelings and don't need others to stick up for me.

You should all see Mumford at the track with his own machanic putting decals all over his car and claiming he has sponsors. Talking about stroking someone to make them feel good. Well, I guess he doesn't have the love from his mother and girlfriend to stick up for him. Maybe V10 Jenn will set up office hours in a chat room for Mumford and Brett.

WAR LOVED ONES!!!

Kid97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by V10 Jenn:

First I need to be enlightened. 1) What is a "Pournakova" 2) Who or what is "Tone-ya" 4) Gillooly?

LUCKY ME!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmm, Tonya, it seems that you are not fluent in "clone speak." Don't worry, not many Tonya's are. If interested, check out www.jimrome.com and review the gloss dictionary.

As an aside, Brett's conspicuous absence from this thread is beginning to cause me pause. Could Tonya, errrrr V10Jen, and Brett be like Michael and Janet - never seen in the same place at the same time!?!?????

WAR CLONES

BigsViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
At first I thought that "V10 Jenn" may actually be Lil' Whoadie's alter ego, but the complete lack of spelling and grammatical errors and other "Adelbergisms" led me to dismiss the thought that this person may just be Kenny in a skirt.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Kid97, You need to look a little closer - First post: "wether" instead of "whether" ALMOST got by with the impersonation through correct spelling and grammar.

Second post: She "should of guessed" insead of should have guessed.

Sounds fairly Addle-burg-ish

BTW - wether makes it through spell check because it is a word which means "a male sheep castrated before ****** maturity." Sounds <u>very</u> Addle-Burg-ish!!!

BTW#2- Look up addle in your Webster's...

WAR SPLIT PERSONALITIES!!!!

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well Hello! WOW!!! I leave the computer off for a few days and there is a full gonzo Adleberg thrashing without little 'ol me. I think V10 Jenn is closer to this "pile-up" than he/she lets on. "He/She" may be a very appropriate term in this case. V10 Jenn I'll "enlighten" you on something, it appears the number 3 has been burned out of your memory. Maybe you're like the woman in "The Man with Two Brains". Maybe it's from 8 months with Kenny. Maybe your getting ready to throw the Holy Hand Grenade. Who knows? In any case, three is the numeral that follows two and precedes four. Back to the matter at hand. I was waiting for Adeldip to post something and as always.... a classic. I can't help myself. I was at the Viper Days event and as I watched Ken working under his car (hoping he was smart enough to use stands) all I thought of was.....what's that dumb-a$$ going to post next? Ken states, "No excuses but I got beat by the Nor Cal guys because....." This exemplifies Adeldork's entire existence. If he would stop lying to himself, and do an honest "check-up from the neck-up" he would come to the forgone conclusion that he *****. Ken doesn't win because he's thinking of his next "non-excuse" before he even starts his car. It's self-preservation for Ken. V10 Jenn's post was not only grossly inaccurate, it was far too flowery. Don't get me wrong there WAS some funny stuff in it. It's also a little suspicious that Jenkins had his head buried in he/she's ******...Shannon is that you? DJDunnit? Maybe not. Maybe it's been his "chick" all along. Either way I think that's sweet helping little Kenny out, but here lies the problem: It's like tying raw meat to a boy that's being attacked by a pack of angry Rottweilers. Mo blood! Mo blood! One thing's for sure no matter how you slice it...the more smack the better!

WAR ALIASES !!!!!

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, thank's for the compliment Brett! Unfortunatly my vocabulary only consists of 252 words, so I'm not v10, and Shannon has a real job that keeps her busy so she's not v10.
Kenny, who's getting stroked here? Mumford, our sponsors, who? And how excactly are they getting stroked? What's wrong with having people support the cause? C'mon dude, you'd be all over it. I stay out of these things because I feel you are actually a good driver Kenny. (I'll probably get banished for that)I've been nice up to now, so don't go on baggin' me/us for trying to get some support.dj

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett, thanks for the latest slang terminology in your weekend update. Should we call you Peter Jennings? You need the check up! You sold your Viper because it scared you. Still yearned for the track and got yourself a bad-o Acura Type-R only to be disappointed and need a supercharger. The thing is still all bark and no bite. Go play with the Integra club and get your butt handed to you, or should I bring my Big Wheel for you to use as your pit bike. Leave the wind up toys under the tree at Christmas.

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DJ I love you too, but you took my RV spot and hang with Mumford, you are fair game too. Thanks for the compliment, I think you are a great Viper Tech. What are you doing Saturday night?

Reaction score
Dammit Kenny!!!! What did I tell you about asking my mechanic out on dates? Now do you understand why I won't allow you and Dave to both be in the RV at the same time? And Jenkins....what the hell has gotten into you? Complimenting GilloolyBerg? On driving no less?

What's this world coming to? You know I try and try to make this world a better place and then something like this happens. Sometimes it makes me wonder why I even try. Oops, gotta go...there's a spotted owl in my backyard that needs to get capped!

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mumford you are just envious, since your "hey baby, wanna see my RV?" line didn't work on Tammi our Viper Days driving instructor. Talk about a shut down, you didn't even get the time of day. What is wrong, need your Ferrari to meet women?

Brett, the sky is blue over here, same color as the passing flag that waves every lap you are on the track. Don't bag on my big wheel hand brake, that with the wholes in the floor boards and a fresh pair of racing shoes is the only way to "Flinstone" stop a stock Viper. Hey remember Laguna? We each were at equal levels as well as our first time to the track. I beat you by what, at least 4 seconds. That's OK, keep talking about the money you saved, that will help with the therapy bills for marriage counceling. Those kids look a lot like the cableman. Still wondering why you got the ******* channel for free?

brett

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh Kenny how your widdle bwian works. I'll attempt to sift through your LSD flash-backs and try to set the story straight. The only time we were on a level field of "experience" was Viper Days at Willow Springs in '99. I had a stock car other than my shifter, you...who knows what you had. We were both in street prepared and I was quicker on the first day....I left the next morning due to an emergency at home. (maybe the cable guy) You did beat me by 2.78 "manly" seconds after running the second day and the time trial event...solo. What's to be said. You won. You had daddy pop for a driving school (or two) and few events by the time we were at Laguna. My second event. You win by over 3 (THREE) seconds. (You and V10 Jenn have a problem with skipping that number) I don't have an endless "cash" supply, I'll admit that. I wish I did. I can't be a "track rat". If I could, I wouldn't. But if I was I'm confident that I would be thrashing you on the track like I do on this board, but we'll never know. It's nice you can live out your empty dreams, some of us have responsibilites. Sadly you judge your whole existence on the gap between you and "fast guy". And lastly, at least I know my twins aren't any relation to you...they actually work.

WAR SILVER SPOON SLACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K Adelberg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett, don't bring my mama into dis! Yes, I may have supportive parnets and the great oppotunity to go into the family business, but I assure you it does require some work and all with no track sponsorship. My racing fund exists beacuse I eat rice or live off the $0.99 cent menu at Taco Bell and get my tires from the junk pile at the track. I think you are confusing me with the "fast guy" who has a dollar printing press in the basement. So, go back to work and whittle those golf tees for that company you work for. Do you get discounts on those golf pants? That explains your wardrobe

WAR Cable guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss