Stock Eliminator GTS Viper project

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will start my next Drag Racing project later this Autumn, building a Stock Elimintor GTS according to NHRA specs. In order to make it as competetive as possible do I need to know if there is a Stock Elimintor Viper in the US, so if you know or think you know about one, please e-mail, post or PM me the information.
Thank You!

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JP,
I am working on a similar project. It is moving along with a snails pace, but we are making some progress. We are running a 727 ( no electronics) and trying to find out if we can get rid of the irs or not. Tommy Fudge runs a IHRA top stock car at the V 10 races and that thing flys. He is all motor with a 727 and he runs 9.60s on every pass. The cars sixty foot times were around the mid 1.30s if I am not mistaken. If you don't mind, pass on any info that you come up with.
Thanks,
Joe

OP
OP
J

jp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, I've read about Tommys GTS but never been able to find a phone number, e-mail or address to him. Since I'm building mine to fit the NHRA Stock Eliminator class are we not allowed to use a Automatic transmisson, and no more engine mods then more duration and a better valve job and blueprinting, it's a wery limited class in terms of modifications. I'm also trying to find out if we can swap the rear end to a Dana 60 instead of the IRS. I'm alredy using a Jerico and a McLeod SoftLok clutch in my Super Street Viper. (the clutch and trans combination cut 4 th compared to the T56)
I'll keep you posted.