Stupid question about the stock runflats?

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My rear driver side tire seems to be losing pressure, and I was wondering if this could be from the valve stem?
Do the stock run craps seal the tire if there is a puncture? My car is currently in hibernation, so I keep all tires at 40psi, and this tire just won't hold :curse: ?
I did read that the tire will be replaced free of charge for the first 2 years, so I am debating just calling the dealer and asking him to order a new tire.
Any suggestions :confused: ?

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
fastmd --

Sorry to hear about your tire woes. I would first do a visual on the tire to see if there is any obvious puncture. Barring that, just mix up a small amount of dish washing liquid in water and put it in a spray bottle; then spray the tire, rim and the valve stem/cap assembly. If you see little bubbles forming anywhere that is your leak. If that does not work, take the wheel to your dealer or an authorized Michelin dealer to have them check it out. Leakage can occur from improperly installed valve stems or a tire that has not been properly seated on the rim.

Good luck.

/Rich

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no liquid sealant (aka 'royal seal') in the run flats, just more rubber/thicker sidewall, etc

-J

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave