supercharging my 06 coupe

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went down and saw doug today at DLM and dropped off some cash. I'm having him do the DLM supercharger package and also lowering the car with K&W shocks. I would like to hear from some of you guys that have a s/c on your snake. i went for mild boost so i'll be hoping for around 200 extra real wheel horses. i would like any and all feed back from you guys on the kw suspension as well as how much more of a feeling is it with the s/c. i have never driven or really been in a car with this type of set up, with the exception of 1 time for a short ride with a local member who had woodhouse do a paxton and motons to his new coupe.

am i really going to feel a difference with the s/c and the suspension? i sure hope so. basically i'm asking do you guys think its worth it? i am open to any and all comments and cant wait to get behind the wheel when its done.thanks for the feed back. and thank you doug levin in advance for making it all happen i know i will get every pennies worth with DLM. (and it aint just a few pennies. LOL)

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went down and saw doug today at DLM and dropped off some cash. I'm having him do the DLM supercharger package and also lowering the car with K&W shocks. I would like to hear from some of you guys that have a s/c on your snake. i went for mild boost so i'll be hoping for around 200 extra real wheel horses. i would like any and all feed back from you guys on the kw suspension as well as how much more of a feeling is it with the s/c. i have never driven or really been in a car with this type of set up, with the exception of 1 time for a short ride with a local member who had woodhouse do a paxton and motons to his new coupe.

am i really going to feel a difference with the s/c and the suspension? i sure hope so. basically i'm asking do you guys think its worth it? i am open to any and all comments and cant wait to get behind the wheel when its done.thanks for the feed back. and thank you doug levin in advance for making it all happen i know i will get every pennies worth with DLM. (and it aint just a few pennies. LOL)

Well, you already know what I think since I'm that "local member"! I am thrilled you decided to go forward with the mods. Good luck with it! Look forward to seeing it when you're finished.

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Feel it? Your gonna love it!!!! Congrats on a great decision. DLM rocks :nana:

The KW's are supposed to be very good shocks but I never installed them on my car. I had Doug lower my car when he did the sc with different shocks. It looks a thousand times better and rides much better than stock, not like a truck.

Doug is great to deal with and I always recommend him -- he builds a great car :2tu: :headbang:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
DLM has my car now. I already have had him install the S/C package for me but its time to up the ante with some more horsepower. Been extremely satisfied with Doug and his support is fantastic

OP
OP
M

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the feed back so far . and also alot of the pm's i received. also thanks florida chris for taking me in a test drive of your new fe coupe with the paxton and motons.(you guys would never beleive what other cars chris has in his garage, its enough to make any man drool like a baby)

still looking for more feed back guys. i just dont want to spend all this cash and end up getting beet by my buddy in his new z06. he just installed a cam and had it tuned. so with headers and a cam and a good tune, he is putting out 550 rwhp on the dyno. come on doug dont let me down. we gotta "walk this guy" is the quote i beleived you used. richiesrt10, no doubt you could take him probably at half throttle in your Commemorative monster.

BLKSNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You will love the S/C

silly power at all engine speeds but watch out for traction. I dumped my runflats (with 4K miles) right after the S/C went on-

I am running P-Zeros in 355 & 285 on stock wheels- but they do look a little funny in the back as the wheel gap has increased by 1/2 inch-

They stick but now I need to put the K&W on (whats the price?) and maybe go to 19/20 inchs.

Good luck

Rich

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:2tu: you'll kick your buddies aas with the DLM charger!!!You should make at least 650 at the rears.Doug will build you a fast car so you wont have any problem with that Z06. The pistons arent forged so you cant go any higher on boost then what comes with the kit. i would think about changing the pistons later on down the line so you can go up in boost.
KW are very good shocks i'm going to get a set from Doug next week. Let us know what happens with the Z06 video tape it LOL

Max

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard nothing but praise for Doug and all of his work on Vipers. A local member got one of Doug's first Gen I supercharger kits and it regularly waxed everybody on the dyno and at the track. DLM Gen I = 796 RWHP!

While you won't get that with cast pistons, DLM is known for producing the highest safe horsepower on the Paxton kit for the Gen III. I don't know of any tuner that has been working with Paxton longer than Doug Levin. You are in SUPERB hands and we look forward to hearing about the results!

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I brought my car back to Doug I had 2 races with new ZO6's. I only had his S/C package and 7 lbs of boost. In each case the Z lost real bad. My buddy Gerald was there for one waxing. With the stock tires just feather the throttle off the line. Once you hook up just be polite and wave to your victim. I'll be picking my car up in less then 2 weeks John so I intend to have some fun down there with you. I also added a set of CC wheels in 18 and a set of kumho's. Dam I am typing and wearing my Viper smile.

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Practice your launches before running him. Take it even easier when you are running him because the adrenaline may be pumping.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Not sure what your package is with DLM, but they have done a bunch of Paxtons with good results.

The cast pistons are the weak point in the Gen III cars. I would not go with a Paxton install again without changing the pistons in the Gen III, though many do. I speak from some experience. My Gen III engine rebuild is now complete. 7 of 10 piston ring lands collapsed, necessitating the engine rebuild. I had added stage 3 heads and headers and I do use my car for more than a "casual short burst" that many do. Perhaps this combination of "useage" and "mods" contributed to the engine problem I had.

You will want stickier tires. Unfortunately, the only sticky ones available right now that will work are 18 inches. You'll need to get another set of wheels / tires and the e-brake relocation kit. Not a big deal.

You will have no problem with the modded Z-06 or most anything else you encounter while crusing, except for another modded Viper of course.

Good luck,

Dan

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just out of curiousity, what are the symptoms of a collapsed ring land....

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad day when we need a superchager to beat the Z06, we've digressed to the mustang status.
This is just getting interesting. I've yet to pull next to a corvette owner, with peripheral vision. My hope is the new Z06 has better side visibility for the drivers. Should they now find themselves lined up at a light with their nemesis's. Sneaky Pete or Fangs.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad day when we need a superchager to beat the Z06, we've digressed to the mustang status.
I think that the stock SRT can beat it on the right day and vice-versa. The problem is that it is too close for comfort for many folks. They would rather have a decisive victory and the Paxton affords that.

The SRT was the King of the domestic hill when it was released in 2003 - and quickly eclipsed by the Ford GT. Not too many people complained, as we figured that the GT would be few and far between - which has been the case. The Z06 changed all of that.

It is my understanding that getting an engine revised and EPA certified is an extensive process. And doing so on a car that is not selling as fast as some would like makes it even more of a challenge. Instead you can use factory Mopar parts (headers, cam, etc.) and produce around 550 HP. And some dealerships will add a Paxton and provide the full warranty, etc. Most of your tuners will provide a similar warranty.

So if you have the means and can improve an already-superior car (braking, handling, & horsepower) - why wouldn't you? I don't see anybody lamenting the "need" to upgrade tubes and filters on the Gen I/II. What is the purpose of that? More horsepower and more decisive victories over the competition.

The stock car is still producing the most horsepower of any domestic outside of the Ford GT. But as the old axiom goes, "There is no such thing as too much horsepower." ;)

Chuck B 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your in great hands with Doug Levin, he built my car years ago and it's still running strong as the day I bought it. He'll steer you in the right direction and provide you with all the stuff you need -- If and when I have the chance to build another DLM car I'd do it in a heartbeat.
Your going to need better tires :nana:

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

No matter what I buy I make faster so no one has digressed. Stock cars are just not fast enough for me and many others.

I witnessed Gerald beating a new ZO6 in his 05 Viper last month. It was close but The Viper pulled a great holeshot and Gerald knows how to drive and bottom line is the Z lost. The better drive wins when 2 cars are close in performance.

OP
OP
M

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paul. was that your yellow rt10 dlm has in the back covered up? i saw part if it sticking out. i love those yellow rt 10's. i definitely remeber one even though it was mostly covered.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------
No matter what I buy I make faster so no one has digressed. Stock cars are just not fast enough for me and many others.
I witnessed Gerald beating a new ZO6 in his 05 Viper last month. It was close but The Viper pulled a great holeshot and Gerald knows how to drive and bottom line is the Z lost. The better drive wins when 2 cars are close in performance.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave