Survey - TVS blower for SRT-10 Vipers

Would you buy a Magnacharger SRT-10 Viper system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From the discussion in this previous thread, I have contacted my friends at Magna Charger about building a positive displacement (TVS, similar to what the ZR1 uses) blower kit for the SRT-10 Vipers. Figure an easy 120-150 rwhp is typical with most kits.

They did a cost analysis on a potential Viper kit last year. That shows they are thinking about us. The cost of development seemed prohibitive, however. That was based on minimal interest and feedback, however. I have their attention again, but we need YOU to show your interest if you have any hopes of making this happen.

For voting purposes alone, lets assume it is a complete system, including any fuel system upgrades. I'll throw out a max price range of $9K to consider. It might be much less, it could be more. Just assume $9K or less for this vote. The current Z06 system is $7K, as a comparison. It also was able to utilize parts that were developed for other LSX engines, so it should cost less.

Please vote above. They will be watching the interest level.

Here is how the kit looks on my Corvette Z06:

You must be registered for see images attach

Here is how the kit looks on my 2010 Camaro SS:

You must be registered for see images attach

Tony

Last edited:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A roots style blower for the SRT? Hell yes!
I have no plans (at the moment) to tear apart the motor and build it for big hp, so an instant boost at 6-8lbs sounds like a hell of a lot fun.
Of course it all depends on price though. I put "Not willing to put down a deposit" for now. Too many questions for now, but if they come out with a projected total cost (fuel system mods included?) and what kind of power they are projecting, that could change.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if half the guys here whining about not being able to buy a roe bought one, they would have a winner on their hands.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The current Z06 kits are in the $7K range. That includes 8 injectors, the fuel rails, an electronic boost-a-pump to increase the output of the factory fuel pump. It is an OEM quality kit that they produce. They typically prefer to include everything required to install the kit. Tuning would likely be done with something like a pre-programmed SCT hand-held tuner, although dyno tuning is always better. Canned tunes are usually very conservative and overly rich, with minimal timing.

Lets say if they could produce a kit for $9K or less, would you be interested?

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the kit on my Mustang great product, If they make one for the srt10 Im in 100%. The tvs blower is so much better than any sentry. Got to love the low end tq.

Reaction score
Chances are good that you would have to have some kind of custom hood to clear it on an SRT. I think even the Roe had issues and it is lower then any Maggie I have seen.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Flatout. If they can keep it in the 7k range, I would definitely be interested. I wouldn't want to go too much over the cost a Paxton because if I do build me engine later, I can push the Paxton further. Not sure about this one.

If it won't fit under the stock hood, that hurts too. Unless you can strike a deal with Vipair to include one of hoods with each kit. :)

Seriously, depending on fitment, I would be willing to put a % of the money down. That is, as long the deposit is sent to trusted company, with a receipt, and an agreement that it would be ready in a certain amount of time, at a certain price or the money would be refunded. It would need to be in the 7k neighborhood (hopefully a little break for those that would be willing to put a deposit down early).

Last edited:

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I think Mark is hitting the nail on the head as the hood clearance was a big issue when Sean Roe was considering an SRT offering. He also considered a solution that may have allowed for using a stock hood - but required you to cut out a portion of the hood underside reinforcements (with a replacement insert to be installed.) I think the 08 hood was better - but may have still had some fitament issues.

Sean also did an informal poll - similar to what you are doing now - and also tried to get firm commitments at VOI 10 in Detroit to gauge the viability of taking on the project. Since he choose to not move forward - I think you have some insight to your poll.

Chances are good that you would have to have some kind of custom hood to clear it on an SRT. I think even the Roe had issues and it is lower then any Maggie I have seen.

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If 20 people jumped on board and this system needed a higher than 08 hood clearance, I would make a special hood for this system,

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not build it for the GTS? It's a natural for the GTS and with an E.O. # which ROE would never do, even I'd be in. Something tells me the GTS guys would be more likely to do this than the SRT guys, not trying to stir the ***, I'm just saying........I'm close to them as well.

Darbgnik

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Roe did fit under an 08 hood, but the Viper it was intended for was 03 to 06. But seeing as a lot of guys throw on the 08 hood for looks and cooling alone, I can't see it being a show stopper.

I too prefer this type of SC to a Paxton.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's funny that this is coming up now, as years ago when I wanted a blower for my car, I called Mag, Kenny Bell and none of them had any interest at all. I spun my wheels on the phone a bunch of times to guys who had no interest in Vipers WHAT so ever.

Luvgoinfast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I would love this only thing is I wouldn't be able to put no money down for a few months. Momma says her car has to be done first lol.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I remember correctly, the Roe did fit under an 08 hood, but the Viper it was intended for was 03 to 06. But seeing as a lot of guys throw on the 08 hood for looks and cooling alone, I can't see it being a show stopper.

I too prefer this type of SC to a Paxton.

i agree on the hood part of this. pretty sure 08 hood works

Roysviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it would go like this......

The more Magnachargers that end up on Vipers and the actual proof in performance on time slips from the track, the more popular they become once on the Viper will determine if it is a big seller to Viper owners. Its like a new place to eat in town, it either ends up being a great place to eat and becomes a successful business or it goes out of business. I think it would be a big success in the long run and would be worth building the Magnacharger for all generation Vipers, not just one generation. Just my thought on the subject. 1 mans opinion. If you can afford the risk.....Build it!!! :2tu: :eater: :rolleyes:

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If 20 people jumped on board and this system needed a higher than 08 hood clearance, I would make a special hood for this system,

I know your hood is actually a good bit taller than the stock '08. I would hope that provides enough celarance already.

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they make one for a Gen4 I MIGHT be interested. Too many good NA options for now though.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To answer some questions,

I'm not sure on the hood clearance. We have to swap hoods on the Corvettes to clear the blower, but I sort of like the aftermarket hood choices there anyways.

This kit has a air/water aftercooler system. There is a heat exchanger within the lower intake manifold, and a large radiator that sits in front of the factory radiator. It uses a water pump, to circulate the system. The Paxton also uses an air/water aftercooler setup.

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heck I would buy a gen 4 viper if there was a FI kit out for them. I love the Magnacharger kits and have installed quite a few of them over the yrs. From what I have seen the TVS2300 SC maxed out can support about 750-800 whp. That would make for one hell of a fun gen 4 that drove like a stock car till you put the hammer down.

OP
OP
N

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt, you are correct. The TVS2300 can produce 750-800 rwhp on the right engine. My Z06 puts down 616 rwhp at only 8 psi boost.

Tony

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I remember from talking to Sean Roe, is that the system he was using was too tight on even an 08 hood, pieces had to be cut away etc. and that system did not have an intercooler mounted underneath it.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not build it for the GTS? It's a natural for the GTS and with an E.O. # which ROE would never do, even I'd be in. Something tells me the GTS guys would be more likely to do this than the SRT guys, not trying to stir the ***, I'm just saying........I'm close to them as well.

I think having to modify the hood would kill it on the Gen II's. Nobody would want to cut that expensive hood and it is also expensive to replace. JMHO

Would be awesome though...

Tiago

Viper Owner
Reaction score
would be a great option to have, between this and a paxton I would buy the maggy no question.

been there and done that on the paxton, :no: dissapointing power curve.

bmw2nv2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would be in at $7k and would hope I could just modify my Vipair hood to clear unless Steve comes up with an even better looking hood to clear the setup for a killer price:2tu:

M_viper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
def more interested in a 2008+ MagnaCharger Viper kit..but we'll see how it works out

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper