Suspension question

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a RT/10 with KW V2 shockson it. Huge improvment over the stock.

Question is when I got the car corner balanced it actually raised the car. Granted I am approx 250lbs and 6'1" tall so they did account for my fat butt in the drivers seat, but the rear KW has two spings, they thightened it up to take the top spring out of the equation. Just seems funny that the car is riding tall in the rear and a bit lower up front, but I guess scales don't lie.

Ride is awesome at the track and a bit rough on the street, but not like it bounces me off thoe road. Would like the low slung look and this ride is fine but how do I get both worlds?

HAd the car like this for about a year. So no I don't need the springs/shocks to settle.

Why have the dual springs in the rear if they are compressed out of the equation?:dunno:

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same set up. I have the same comment about ride. I have my ride height set pretty high (like stock) because of the various tracks I run on, I'm concerned about bottoming my front frame rails at speed and don't know what my clearance is in all situations.

I wonder if part of the "street" ride issue is because of having it set high and having that second rear spring "shorted out." Others with the same shocks have reported great street ride; but, I think that they are setting them for the lowest height that they can get away with.

I believe that you could have the car corner weighted at most any ride height that you want, if you can figure out how low you can go safely on the track (and street.)

Last edited:

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they not corner balance with you IN the car? When I had mine done they had me in the car for awhile.

There should be about 1/2" of rake.

OP
OP
T

TexasTonka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did they not corner balance with you IN the car? When I had mine done they had me in the car for awhile.

There should be about 1/2" of rake.

No I was traveling. They took my weight when I dropped off the car and put in enough weight in the driver seat to compensate.

I have the 2009 Six spoke wheels on my car with PS2 tires. I have a 1.5" gap between top of tire and front fender and a 2.5" gap between top of tire and rear fender.

Reaction score
The small spring is just a "tender" spring that keeps the main spring in place when the car is jacked up so it will not affect the suspension when weight of the car is on it. You can lower the rear and still have it balanced, maybe they did all the adjustment at one end instead of splitting the changes at each wheel? They also may have set the car up with a pre determined amount of "rake" that will help plant the rear better coming off corners. You will just have to ask why they did what they did and have them explain the choices they made.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets