Switch non-op @ Trans, replacement UNavailable?

Viper 8 R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During routine service at my local 5-Star Dealer, (fluids and filter changes), I had the Viper tech check out my non-working Back Up lights, (covered by my extended Bumper-to-Bumper warrantee, a la Bill Pemberton). The dealer said the problem was a defective switch, and the "replacement part is unavailable".
What is that garbage?

I think its incredible, my 1998 Roadster is just four years old!! With all of the TREMEC 6-speed transmissions in sports cars globally, does anyone have a compatible part number cross reference?

Thanks in advance, VCA Gurus !

[email protected]
[email protected]

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just recently had the same thing happen. From what I understand it is common. I believe that "unavailable" simply means "back-order" and not "discontinued".

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper 8 R,
Yes it is on back order with DC! But there are six Dealers that have them in stock! The closes Dealer to you is "Stevens Creek Dodge", San Jose,CA, they have three in stock! Your Dealer should be able to get it from them. #4626593 B/U Light Switch
BURNOUT.gif

"By the way 5-STAR is a bunch of crap!!!!" The dealers can buy 5-STAR
bs[1].gif

I AM 5-STAR! I DID NOT BUY IT AND I WILL NOT BUY IT!! [$1100 and any Dealer can get it?]
[Venting
mad.gif
]

OP
OP
Viper 8 R

Viper 8 R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My Dealer just got a reality check! Many THANKS to you VCA Wizards and Gurus!(i.e., Ulysses, Chuck Tator ,and JonB - - thanks for the email also) You guys are FANTASTIC....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62