Tail of the Dragon - June 3rd Weekend

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thought I'd move the subject to a more aptly titled forum thread so others can enjoy the Georgia Peanut Gallery. Actually, that wasn't a joke, you guys throw a lot of accurate darts (most of them dull, but they do seem to hit the target a lot).

The Shular Inn (Shular Inn Pigeon Forge - A Great Smoky Mountain Hotel) has been reserved as the host hotel, with our group getting the back part of the property because the rooms are larger and will be completely renovated by the time we get there. I'm going to check them out in a couple of weeks...the hotel folks seem to really like our group.

Will stop by Matt's and start the ball rolling on the Saturday night parade arrangements among other things.

Any suggestions on our Friday night meal? The Alamo Steakhouse has been good, but we could try some other nice place that doesn't have the word "******'s" in the restaurant name.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thought I'd move the subject to a more aptly titled forum thread so others can enjoy the Georgia Peanut Gallery. Actually, that wasn't a joke, you guys throw a lot of accurate darts (most of them dull, but they do seem to hit the target a lot).

Good job, Tony. Now you got us in trouble with Brett. I wonder how long it will be before Brett figures out the real reasons Chip retired.

Any suggestions on our Friday night meal? The Alamo Steakhouse has been good, but we could try some other nice place that doesn't have the word "******'s" in the restaurant name.

I vote for ******* on Friday and/or Saturday and/or Sunday. Tony agrees because he follows me around like a lovesick puppy anyway, so anywhere I go, he'll go :rolleyes:

:D:D:D

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this year Chad will drink real beer instead of smirnoff...

I also like the idea of staying at the hotel. I like to be right in the middle of all of the action! Let's hope I don't get stuff 2 hours away in the mountains in pouring rain with NO TOP! That was one sucky drive back!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I also like the idea of staying at the hotel. I like to be right in the middle of all of the action! Let's hope I don't get stuff 2 hours away in the mountains in pouring rain with NO TOP! That was one sucky drive back!

The shower curtain is already packed :2tu:

I liked the place for dinner, they had one of the greatest cheeseburgers that I have ever had. And I've eaten a lot of cheeseburgers :D

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

We need to hang out w/Schrezburg more this year. I'm sure he brought the HEAVY stuff :D

I think me and Jason ended up wetter than you did and he did have his top.

The shower curtain is already packed :2tu:

Remind me to bring a raincoat this year. It would've been nice while we tried to make a Gen 2 shower curtain fit on a Gen 1 :rolaugh:

I liked the place for dinner, they had one of the greatest cheeseburgers that I have ever had. And I've eaten a lot of cheeseburgers :D
I had forgot the cheeseburger! It was dinner that night and breakfast the next day! :D

This may have to go on my calender!!

Its worth it. Trust me! I'm pretty sure Kevan will be coming this year as well!

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very interested in checking out the Tail of the Dragon. I've heard a lot about it through other car enthusiast. Anymore details on this event?

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not yet. Keep an eye on this thread in the next couple of weeks though. Plan on attending. Not just for the Dragon but for the cruise up to Gatlinburg too(the whole strip stops to watch us cruise in---40+ Vipers...pretty cool huh?)

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I will have an extra top with me just in case. Always got your back Jon :2tu:

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We need to hang out w/Schrezburg more this year.

Its worth it. Trust me! I'm pretty sure Kevan will be coming this year as well!

It's your year to bring the good stuff :2tu: but I will bring the backup........:D :D

This is a "can't miss" event. Best time of the year!! :2tu:

My room is booked :2tu:

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's like killing someone with a spoon instead of a knife....it's more painful :D

I can't wait for this event....if anyone is within any kind of driving distance you need to make this one !!!!

P.S. Cherahola Skyway !!

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can now make your reservations for the Annual Viper "Tail a Draggin' Event"….a snake tail through a snake trail (of roads). Book early before they fill up (rooms released May 2, 2011). Tail of the Dragon/Viper Parade is one of the most popular Viper events in the Southeast and the "don't miss" event of the year.

Highlights:
Cherahola Skyway/Tail of the Dragon/Foothills Parkway Run (Fri)
Great Smokey Mountain Runs (Sat)
Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg parade (Sat night)
Food, Fun, Food, Friends, and Food!

Book Hotel: Country Cascades @ 800-223-6707. 48 hrs cancellation policy. $72+tax (Omelet & Waffle Bar bkfast included). Book before May 2nd for June 3rd - 4th

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Full Itinerary should be ready within a week or two...Sat run locations are still TBD and working on something different for late Sat afternoon. Friday is a good day of driving, Saturday is broken up somewhat and shorter...gotta have some rest and cleaning time before the night parade

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Delays in getting an accurate itinerary...should be up after this weekend's event. We'll be starting early Friday in Knoxville for the northerners and meeting up at the Cherahola Skyway entrance for the southerners around 10:00am Friday...lunch will be planned for the Fontana Village area if we can work it out in time. Dragon starts after lunch!

Craig

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also made reservations. Anyone else from up north planning on attending? I'm driving down from NW Ohio. If so, where are you staying Thursday night?

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's mighty tempting. Especially since we're meeting at CB at 8am instead of the usual 10:30am....

8am?!?! :omg: Holy crap that's early!

I also made reservations. Anyone else from up north planning on attending? I'm driving down from NW Ohio. If so, where are you staying Thursday night?

I'm coming from the north, but not that far north. My plan was to drive down Friday morning but that's looking to be one super early morning if the meet up is 8 am.

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
May have a mistake on the starting time!!!! I put this out in haste before leaving for this past weekend's event. I've since gotten notes from past AM drives and it is later!!! I'm back and online this week, so expect to publish a more detailed itinerary that will start HOPEFULLY at 10:30am in Knoxville. The past meetups have had unplanned delays along the AM run and our ultimate meetup at Deal's Gap has not been timely.

There will be an "Official 2011 Tail of the Dragon" thread started with the new itinerary, so be looking.

Sorry for the false alarm.

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Stretch (and others),
If you remember, there is a hotel right behind the CB we meet at. Lisa and I will probably stay there Thurs night. That beats leaving the house at 6am friday morning :D
I'll get some hotel info if anyone else is interested...:headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth