Take steering wheel off

sgreiner1011

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Guys, How do you take the steering wheel off of a 94 rt 10? I need to check the hazard light switch? Is that even how you get to it? Thanks

OP
OP
S

sgreiner1011

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I dont have a fax number, sorry. But if you could tell me the step after taking the bolt off in the middle behind the horn, I'd appreciate it. I dont want to break anything. Thanks

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
From the 1994 Service Manual:

"(4) Then loosen and unthread, but do not fully remove the steering wheel adapter to steering column shaft retaining nut.
(5) Thread adapter retaining nut to top of steering column shaft so no threads are exposed above nut.
(6) Remove steering wheel adapter from steering shaft using Puller, Special Tool C-3428-B or equivalent. Position Puller, Special Tool C-3428-B on adapter so it is attached to adapter using threaded holes located at adapter standoffs. Using puller attached to other holes it (Ed. I THINK that they mean "in" and not "it") adapter, may deform adapter during removal.
(7) Remove steering adapter column shaft to adapter retaining nut and grounding washer from the steering column shaft. Then remove the adapter from the steering column shaft."

You need a service manual...order here https://techauthority.gltghosting.c...rHome?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10051

OR, get a fax machine as I'm NOT a typist!!! :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62