Tator's Dodge article in NY Times

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
“I said, ‘Why don’t you guys come by and visit the last original Dodge dealer and find out who I am and what I do?’ ” Mr. Tator said. “Trying to get rid of one of the original dealerships is like throwing your grandmother down the stairs.”

Did they take that invite Chuck? I guess not in today's world :smirk:

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a huge problem with corporate america today- so short sighted.
too many ya hoos who got a masters degree and actually think they know something about business.

If dodge had any brains it would used Tators dodge as a marketing/advertisment campaign.

if the suits would get off their butts and actually go to tators and meet the customers maybe they wouldn't be be hemorhaging money, they would be making it.

so much to be said for real world knowledge.

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats Chuck, A great article for a great guy. We are so fortunate to have someone like you to help us with our Viper needs and problems. Long live "Tator's Dodge".:usa: Ken

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you all for the kind words! :cool:
And yes they the suits did come and visit me! Lets just say they got an education on how to do it right. :usa:

There are more pictures in the paper version of the article, so I'll try to scan it and post it up.

Thanks again for everyones support!!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
True story of large Corporate mentality:

Back in 1972, the airline heyday, a bean-Counter genius at EASTERN AIRLINES decided that GROWTH would be everything in aircraft utilization. He directed that if an air route did not show any growth in 9 months, it would be suspended. EAL had a route from JAXonville FL to ATLanta GA 8 am daily. It showed NO GROWTH in 9 mos and was scheduled to be AXED. The station and city managers and city business community were AHGAST.

WHY? This flight had a 100% load factor, and turned away standby travelers every day. It had NO ROOM for growth......JAX were hoping for a bigger aircraft! But the beancounters (prematurely) announced it's cancelation.

The moral of the story reminds me a bit of Tator Dodge: Beancounters Blow Bigtime.

PS. Eastern Airlines no longer exists. But Tator Dodge DOES !

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not only did Chrysler relent, but it also offered to take Mr. Tator out to dinner, he said. He declined the meal but invited corporate leadership to his shop.
“I said, ‘Why don’t you guys come by and visit the last original Dodge dealer and find out who I am and what I do?’ ” Mr. Tator said. “Trying to get rid of one of the original dealerships is like throwing your grandmother down the stairs.”

:usa:BEAUTIFUL!!!! :usa:Could have not said it better.

I thought you told to us not to bash them too bad....? Damn I laughed ******* that one!:2tu:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And yes they the suits did come and visit me! Lets just say they got an education on how to do it right. :usa:

There are more pictures in the paper version of the article, so I'll try to scan it and post it up.

Chuck... you're the ONLY reason why Chrysler is getting a breather from me. Let's hope they learned from you. Lord knows they need to.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Let's just hope that they took that education to heart and will make some serious changes in their completely lackluster attitude, not only towards you and the Tator dealership but also to the Viper platform...

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, Chuck on a WELL-DESERVED/WRITTEN article that just proves what we all know: You are very humble/honest/forthcoming/generous with a wealth of knowledge that we ALL have been blessed to tap from time to time. You da man :headbang:~mike & juli~