Teaser!!

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As Daniel Tosh would say: "Na-na-na-bo-bo" you know the rest!

So I am getting something new for my Viper, and it'll be available for your GEN I and GEN II soon, however here's a few teaser pics of MINE:

Heritage series clutch & flywheel kit:

Infinitely serviceable stout flywheel....and its dreamy lightweight: (note the thickness compared to the business card)

3 different disc options, all reduced diameter for less rotational mass:

Regards,
Aaron

Viper Grenade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pushing my old Gen 2 hard as of late, she is going to need a new clutch soon. How much for the Gen 4, that would make a nice upgrade, how much lighter than stock?

OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been pushing my old Gen 2 hard as of late, she is going to need a new clutch soon. How much for the Gen 4, that would make a nice upgrade, how much lighter than stock?

I think he has a twin-disc ACR-X style clutch kit available as well for GEN II, but they are Nuclear Bomb proof, whereas Grenade proof (600 ft/lbs) is perfect for my application.

Regards,
Aaron

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will happily trade in SPEC crap for something that works!

OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can hardly wait til Tuesday to drive my baby again! New OEM slave cylinder, pilot bearing going in as well.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear 99 R/T 10,

I did a bunch of research before talking to Toddy and one of the things I wanted was that the flywheel could be resurfaced and no chance it'd warp. This flywheel is around an inch and a half thick and way beefier than the Fidanza and uses the same clutch technology that went into the new challenger clutch, the Gen V clutch etc.. The diameter of the clutch and disc are less than OE and that'll help it feel slightly more responsive, but has a higher clamping force and it weighs between 12-13 pounds less than OE. I'll let Toddy know that I'm trying to answer questions about specs only he would know and I'll sure he'll respond to any under-accuracy or in-accuracy I've posted.

Regards,
Aaron

Last edited:

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear 99 R/T 10,

I did a bunch of research before talking to Toddy and one of the things I wanted was that the flywheel could be resurfaced and no chance it'd warp. This flywheel is around an inch and a half thick and way beefier than the Fidanza and uses the same clutch technology that went into the new challenger clutch, the Gen V clutch etc.. The diameter of the clutch and disc are less than OE and that'll help it feel slightly more responsive, but has a higher clamping force and it weighs between 12-13 pounds less than OE. I'll let Toddy know that I'm trying to answer questions about specs only he would know and I'll sure he'll respond to any under-accuracy or in-accuracy I've posted.

Regards,
Aaron

Hey Aaron,

I thought the photos were for your service records.. Pretty good job on the technical or as we say "Givin it the good old college try"..:D

Looks like a stock LUK setup with an aluminum flywheel?
:dunno:

Even a stock LUK will hold 700RWHP.............:drive:

Yes looks can be a bit decieving and not all flywheels & pressure plates are created equal as we all know..:nono:

Good observation and LUK has been the best all around Viper general use single disc clutch in my opinion to date.. Our Heritage Series Clutch Kits are the only engineered plug & play OE replacement upgrade availaible on the market today for the Gen 1, 2, 3 Viper. We've listened, heard and responded to our clients and the Viper nation. 100% exact fitment which requires specialized extra thick, expensive billet flywheel blanks that will now set the industry standard when it comes to the durabilty and servicing factor (100K mile flywheel). I hear a lot of chatter from other companies who say you can't service the flywheel, just replace it - not true, all of our Viper clutch kits in single or multi disc versions are absolutely servicable. We've tweaked the high clamp capacity pressure plate with the perfect spring rate and pivot angle to provide an even constant engagement and release characteristic desired for the Viper and reduced it's diameter just the right amount to substaintially decrease rotational mass yet leaving enough weight and clutch contact patch to comfortably hold Viper's massive torque and still maintain excellent drive-abilty.. Our new organic/fiber clutch disc has a helix hub center for reduced neutral rattle along with a high tensile strength dual spring (spring with-in a spring) design to ensure durabilty in those high rev upshift & downshift situations. We also have 2 additional clutch friction material options from mild to wild depending on applications. Installing the clutch and pressure plate is now a breaze with our quick alignment locator pins installed on the flywheel and large diameter ARP pressure plate bolts are supplied to secure the goods in place.. This is a no compromise clutch/flywheel kit that's engineered with all the right stuff in mind! No more guess work, we've done it for you.:2tu:

If anyone has any question on fitment and applications feel free to contact me directly.

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

=DISTRIBUTORS OF POWER=:usa:

Last edited:
OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear Toddy,

Sorry, I was just too excited to keep my fingers from saying what my mouth wanted to blurt out.

Regards,
Aaron

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's a few tech photos on Aaron's Heritage Clutch Kit upgrade and additional service tips during clutch change-out.. Aaron asked me to post because he thought it would be beneficial for all the Gen 1 & Gen 2 owners to get a visual on what goes into the process.

(OE Clutch)

(OE Flywheel - well worn with hot spots)

(Rear Main Seal - just a bit of seepage, but if you look close you'll notice that the seal on crank snout is no longer plyable and is getting hard. Recommend replace with new cover, seal & gasket kit. We're also going to replace pan gasket as well to ensure high quality serivce.)

(Pilot Bearing - Inspected and is well worn - Recommend replace.)

(Pilot Bearing removed)

(Slave Cylinder (HRB) Hub Release Bearing - Inspected and well work - Recommend replace.)

(New Flywheel upgrade - notice that the contact patch of our billet steel insert is larger than wear patch on stock flywheel. This is a very important upgrade in our Heritage Series to hold Viper's torque output.)

(Notice the difference in flywheel thickness between OE and the Heritage Series are very substantial.)

(OE clutch disc vs. Heritage clutch disc. Heritage has 30% more friction contact patch, utilizing high quality organic / fiber friction material and upgraded dual spring (higher tensile stength) to hold Viper's torque out-put. Also if you look closely you'll notice the reduction in diameter to reduce rotational mass while still maintaining stock like driveability.)

(OE pressure plate vs. Heritage high clamp capacity pressure plate. Notice the larger contact patch on the "reduced diameter" Heritage diaphram style pressure plate vs. OE's contact patch. These are very important upgrades in our Heritage Series which reduce rotaional mass and improve the clamping capacity to hold Viper's torque out-put, while maintaining stock like driveability.)

(Flywheel Bolts - Always replace with OE or ARP upgrade.)

After examining the photos you'll see many upgrades in our engineered Heritage Series Clutch Kits vs. OE. This is what the Gen 1 & Gen 2 Vipers have deserved, that's why we built it! Our clutch kit may look like an OE LUK from a distance as stated by persons in this thread, but upon close examination the perforamance differances should now be obvious. We'll post installation photos and I'm sure a driveablity report from Aaron shortly..

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC
Toddy

Last edited:
OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my Viper back and I love the new clutch/disc/flywheel. So here are my observations:

-being that the combination is lighter weight, I can feel a difference as it revs and decelerates
-I bought my Viper used, so most of the engagement always occured at about 50% of pedal travel, now the contact is at the 1/4 pedal depth
-it is VERY easy to modulate on both upshifts and downshifts (even though I'm taking it really easy for the first 1000 miles)
-I get no chatter at all and I used to have more drivetrain "hammer", but I thought that it was my u-joints going, turns out it was my clutch on its last legs
-I have no more bucking and chugging, which surprised me a TON
-installation was TOP NOTCH, I could eat off every installed part!

I hope Toddy will post "after" pictures of the new parts installed.

Regards,
Aaron

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK guys, the deed is done... I must say right from the start, I'm as proud of the Viper Gen 1,2 & 3 "Heritage Series" as I am of my ACR-X Clutch Kit! We nailed it, perfect fitment, no more truck like qualty clutch feel, it's re-fined and feels more like a stock OE Gen 4 Viper clutch. Smooth easy pedal, no shudder or judder, no bucking and enough rotational mass to roll out with only a clutch pedal release and no gas pedal modulation (An absolute requirement to be a OE replacement product) and now in town driving is effortless. I guarantee there has never been a OE replacement high performance clutch kit offered to the Gen 1 and Gen 2 Viper customer like this kit, until now! Our engineered Heritage Series may not be the highest technological accomplishment we've built like our New Triple Disc Ultra Lightweight Viper Gen 5 Race Clutch is, but sure drives like it! :usa:

Here's a few photos to update the install and I'm sure Aaron will post a driveability report as soon as he runs out of gas..:D

(New engine rear main seal, pan gasket and pilot bearing installed)

(New slave cylinder HRB installed)

(Flywheel installation - 3 step star pattern trq sequence)

(Note: I always mark flywheels trq pattern using the number system to ensure proper trq sequence)

(Precision Dynamic Balanced Flywheel)

(Mock-up pressure plate / clutch disc for installation)

(Alignment pins on flywheel now make installation of pressure plate / clutch disc bolts a breeze - reduced chance of components slipping out while your installing the ARP pressure plate bolts, you or your installer will appreciate this feature for sure..)

(Strongest Billet Flywheel on the market today and 100% serviceable)

(T-56 trans rear seal service)

(Always replace used Dana u-joint straps with a new set - cheap insurance)

(Satisfied Viper Client - 02' Viper ACR - Arrow Built Engine with 78K miles and still running strong.. Thanks Aaron for running our BBG "Heritage Series" clutch kit!)

Hope this information helps out when it's time for your Viper's next clutch / flywheel service or change-out. If any technical questions feel free to give me a call and I'll do my best to help out!

Thanks

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

Last edited:
OP
OP
AFL in NJ

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dear VPR RACR,

My baby has 78k miles and had no leaks, but when it was apart I made the safe decision to replace both the rear main seal (which also included the oil pan gasket) and the transmission rear seal. I'm really happy that I've got all the driveline done now well ahead of VOI 12. I did the differential service listed in the how-to section last summer, so now with the transmission fluid changed (and it shifts so nice now) and when the pan was off I got to look inside it and found nothing but oil, so my engine is in great shape too. With a rock solid clutch and indestructible flywheel (that can be serviced) I'm just ecstatic!!

I'll keep posting reviews once I get past the 1000 mile mark, but at this point its night and day better than before.....I couldn't be happier!

Regards,
Aaron

A1998

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really nice impressive write up along with pics. Thanks for taking the time and showing other members what you have to offer. By the way, where does one get that handy dandy clutch alignment tool you are using there???

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Really nice impressive write up along with pics. Thanks for taking the time and showing other members what you have to offer. By the way, where does one get that handy dandy clutch alignment tool you are using there???

Thanks!, My clients and I are just wanted to show the proper service process when changing out the clutch and at the same time showcase a much needed Clutch Kit for the 1992-2002' Viper's. I use a Viper T56 input shaft for my alignment tool (FYI)..

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, it's time to install our new BBG-Heritage Series Stage 2 Clutch Kit weekend project. It's exactly the same as Aaron's Stage 1 version except with a slightly more aggressive clutch disc featuring a combination of organic fiber and metallic friction material. Our stage 2 version will increase torque capacity while still maintaining a smooth engagement! After removal of the OE clutch and flywheel this afternoon on our clients 2002' GTS we noticed sweating (oil seepage) from the rear main seal gasket area and slight hardening of the rubber seal around the crank snout, so after contacting the client and a thourough discussion, Jeff gave us the go-ahead to do the deed (New rear main seal kit, pilot bearing and pan gasket).. Dealing with this guy I like because he's a Factory Jet Mechanic and understands the importance of a proper repair, and we aim to deliver the goods!:usa:

We'll give updates over the weekend on the installation and a road test report. Please note our Heritage Series was developed to give your 1992-2002' Viper's driving experience very similiar to a 2008-2010 Viper's clutch system with it's light smooth pedal, reduced rotational mass and some wicked torque capacity!

(BBG-Heritage Series stage 2 version w/high performance single disc combination friction material clutch disc - Pressure plate side metallic friction material)

(Pressure plate side - metallic friction material, high performance helix style hub, reduced nuetral rattle, high tensile dual sprung hub, reduced diameter and 30 percent more contact patch)

(Flywheel side - organic fiber friction material, high performance helix style hub, reduced nuetral rattle, high tensile dual sprung hub, reduced diameter and 30 percent more contact patch)

(Side view of Heritage Series stage 2 combination clutch disc - top side metallic - bottom side organic fiber friction materials)

Thanks,

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you sell your kit separately to work with an already existing aluminum flywheel?

No, but great question.. Our clutch kit won't fit other mfg flywheels for several key reasons. The Heritage Series is a specially built and tuned set-up for the Viper. It's a combination of everything working together that makes it run correct.

BAD BOYZZ GARAGE, INC.
Toddy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper