Tech Day with the Famous Chuck Tator

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tech Day with Chuck Tator

Sunday June 13th

Hi Everyone!
Every year Chuck has come down to our area for some good ole fashion hands on tech session:2tu:. If you have never met the famous Wizard, here is your chance. Chuck is probably the most knowledgeable person about Vipers I know. Have a question about your Viper, ask Chuck. Having a problem with something on your Viper, ask Chuck. Chuck always brings his little famous PCM cleaner upper. It cleans out all the crap that gets gathered in your Vipers computer. It’s very technical and I don’t want to bore you with all those technical details.:headbang:
OKAY! This year’s topic is going to be changing wires on a Gen 3. Joe Mori, our famous Vice President, has volunteered to have a set of Quality Wires installed on his Viper. Chuck will give us detailed instructions on how to remove the air intake, and hopefully reinstall the Viper back together, without any extra parts.:dunno: These people are professionals, don’t try this at home. It’s a tech session with a little humor,:lmao: not always good humor, but just the same. Chuck is a cool guy, and I’m sure if you ask him nice, you can even get a picture with him.
Here is the coolest thing yet. Chuck made a phone call to QualityWires, and they told Chuck that they would send up 2 sets of wires for the club to raffle off. One Red set of Quality Wires for a Gen 1, and a Red set of Quality Wires for a Gen 2. The wires will be raffled off for free; you just have to show up, and promise not to fall asleep.:nono: Chuck likes it when we have a good size group, so when he is missing a screw we will have that many more eyes looking for it.:rolaugh: So come on out and enjoy a day with Chuck Tator and crew and your famous fellow Viper members. We will also be serving sandwiches and stuff:eater:. The event will be at Bill Lombardi’s house, also known as the Famous Hulk.
Meeting Place
We will meet at the Chelmsford rest area for10:30 and leave at 10:45. We will head out for a small cruise:drive: to Bill’s house, so we can arrive for 11:30 and lunch will be at 12:00 and Chuck will do his tech session thereafter.
P.S. Please thank Chuck when you see him, he is driving 3 ½ hrs one way to do this for us. That why he is the man.:2tu:

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lots of famous people at this one....lol

Pos rep to qualitywires.com sounds like a good day !

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am in. I still have original wires on my 96 and I feel lucky! The question is... can chuck do a burn out the length of Bill's driveway....

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are up to 8 Vipers going so far. Thats 16 eyes. Nice lunch, and 2 sets of wires to be raffled off, what more can you ask for. Let me know if you can make it. Rick

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I will take care of any Generation Vipers that is drawn. So it will be up to $440.00 value. So show the support for your region and Chuck Tator. Show up!:D

Winners will be responsible to just pay shipping to them.

I want pictures!! :D

XTREMDRM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm in for this Tech -no- bash.
When you have had your codes cleared by the "Wizard", :hail:
Oh yea baby.... your clean...really clean. :nono:

Come on out, you know your nasty snake needs some proper cleaning. :alert:
Let's not forget Bill's cooking :rolleyes: skills. :meal:
Jerry that's correct, Bill's driveway does need sealing.:omg:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Wizard Eggs"

Yes I will be making them for Sunday! :eater:
If Phil comes, watch him to make sure he does not walk off with a tray of them! :nunu:

[media]http://www.nyctvca.org/media/data/567/medium/SKG_0323small.jpg[/media]

[media]http://www.nyctvca.org/media/data/567/medium/SKG_0308small.jpg[/media]

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are up to 14 Viper going so far. This is a great turnout. I'm not sure what it might smell like after the develed eggs are gone. LOL!! See you there. Rick

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Bill
I'm so glad you can make this one. You do know the event is at your house. LOL
Hi Chuck
They both sound good. Also Calos Batista wife Silvia is making her famous meatballs. These are the best meatballs ever. She doe not give out the recipe SORRY. Sunday should be a great time, so if you can make it let me know. Rick

TopGear

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chuck for making the trip and glad quality wires was able to help give us a good Viper turn out... 13 vipers on a not so sunny day. Here are some pics from today's fun (14 meg file size).

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
top gear thanks for the pictures and video! You guys are awesome!!! Love it!:):D

What did you all think of the wires? Did you like them?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you all think of the wires? Did you like them?

Wires? O' Ya those wires! :D Thank You Adam for your wires [:2tu:] and thank you for your help in sponsoring this Tech Session for the New England VCA Region!! :cool:

Bill, Thank You and your family for hosting [putting up w/us] this event [delicious food]!! :clap2:
Rob & I had a lot of fun today and it was great seeing everyone! Even a little weather did not matter! :drive:

Shawn....Very cool....Thanks! :hail:

Rick nice job and Glenn very cool! :bigok:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A great day and thanks to the Wizard and Rob for coming up to New England for our tech day. Also a special thanks to Quality Wires. I'm just jealous that they weren't installed on my car today.

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a great day we had!!!!!!!! Thanks Wizard and Rob!!!!!!!!! The Deviled Eggs were Yummy the only problem was driving home with both windows opened in some rain!!!!!!!!!!:fart:

OP
OP
Y

YELLOH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Everyone
Thank you Chuck and Rob For taking time out of your weekend to support our club. We really appreciate it.
Hi Adam, we really appreciate the support in help sponsoring our event. We had 14 Vipers show up in the rain. That should speak for itself. Thank you for your support. Wires are awesome, I have them in my Viper.
Cathy and Bill everyone had a great time at your house. Thanks for hosting the event.
Carlos, thank your wife for all of us on the great *** of meatballs, she made for us. They were awesome.
Shawn great job on the video as usual.
Thanks to everyone who showed up, it was a great event and 14 Vipers in attendance. It was nice support for the event. Thanks Rick

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another great event!

Thanks for all the hard work Rob! You did a great job. I had no idea how involved this little project was going to be. I know I didn't make it easy with all the cleaning I did while you were removing parts.

Rob shared some very helpful tips for removing the air intake. When I get a chance I will try to post some pictures along with his tips (if my memory is still there).

It was tough having my car worked on while Chuck was checking out other cars. I was interested in both and had to go back and forth several times.

Chuck, great eggs. Loved the sausage the most. Thanks for everything! If you Gen 3 guys want to change out your wires, drop the car off at Chucks! Trust me!

Bill, Thanks for letting everyone park on the lawn! Also, please thank Cathy for putting me up for the night! Looking forward to dinner out again with you all.

Carlos, tell your wife she can cook anytime she wants! She made some fantastic meatballs. I hope we see her at the next event.

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its was a great time and thankyou chuck for the sealcoating I just thought it was suppose to be done on dry pavement now it will probably peel, do I get a warranty with that?
The eggs were terrific too chuck, my boys want more, they loved them, I think Rick stole all the meatballs and took them home, sure wish I got to try one because I was told they were awsome.
I am glad everything turned out OK with the weather, maybe we can do it again.
thankyou everyone and you are very much welcome
Bill

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has taken me awhile, but here are some pictures of the process. A bit more involved than I had thought. Rob did a great job, and shared several little tips on the process. Just wish I could remember them now... Damn old age.

IMG_1076.JPG

Factory Wires:
IMG_1081.JPG

Jack and Son inspecting wire, Jerry (see background) eating as usual:
IMG_10821.JPG

A small token of the clubs appreciation. Rob in the dark again:
IMG_1084.JPG

What a mess:
IMG_11091.JPG

Success, the wires are out. Let's hope it starts again:
IMG_11151.JPG

Almost done:
IMG_1129.JPG

Don't these look good (guess you need to be a car guy):
IMG_11311.JPG

Almost everything is back where it belongs, and it started although there was a small knock (thanks to Chuck and a screw driver):
IMG_1135.JPG

To be expected with a practical joker in the room!

Thanks for all the hard work Rob, and Chuck. Loving the new look. Now I need to add headers and a polished intake. Guess I better start saving my change again.

JacksViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HOLY SH_T!! ***!! That can't be me, that guy's too freakin old!! Alright!! Alright!! Who touched up the photo?? Where's the rest of my hair?? Did anyone find my hair?? And, look at those glasses!! OMG!! ***, happened?? Do I really look that bad?? No, no don't answer that. Looks like I just crawled out of the grave. Quick, someone pinch me! This has to be a bad dream......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62