1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

thank you Steve-Indy, ipetrov, The_Greg - what a great club!

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by webby, Jul 8, 2013.

1. webby

webby Viper Owner

Long story short, I'm giving my car to my sister for a few months while I'm out of the country and started teaching her how to drive stick on Saturday. She stalled pretty badly and the car would not start after that (battery was fine but nothing happened when I pressed "engine start").

So I called some friends for help... ipetrov and The_Greg were giving me tips, looking up forum threads and walking me through them, and reaching out to their own contacts. Ivan got in touch with Dan from Viper Specialty and said I should give him a call. Meanwhile I had called Steve-Indy, who suggested I replace the ASD fuse with the cig lighter fuse. That worked like magic! I called Dan to let him know it was taken care of and he said that would've been his first thought too.

It's so great to know that there are so many people to help when you have a problem. What I feared would be expensive and time-consuming, ended up costing $2 to fix (I had to buy a tool to remove the fuse). And I hadn't even exhausted the list of people I could have called either. Thanks again guys! Love being part of this club!

2. The_Greg

The_Greg Enthusiast

Glad you were able to avoid costly towing and repair bills too. Happy to help!

3. hyph

hyph Viper Owner

Steve Indy is a great guy who recently helped me pick up my 06 coupe. Even though I had never met him, Steve helped me out with the inspection as well as make a smooth transaction with the seller!

4. SSGNRDZ_28

SSGNRDZ_28 Enthusiast

Steve is a great guy, one of the great people in the club who helped me land in a Viper, I'm lucky to live within a few miles of him. The people make the club worth being a part of!

5. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

Are you talking about Steve-Indy? Great guy? You must be smoking some great stuff!!!:lmao:;)

6. troublemaker

troublemaker Enthusiast

Steve's a riot. That guy is an encyclopedia of Viper knowledge. I wish I had gotten in contact with him before I bought mine and had a proper inspection considering it came from Indy. I got lucky, but it was by pure luck that I ended up with only an oil leak, but a solid car none the less.

7. ipetrov

ipetrov Enthusiast

Thanks, Andrew, for the kind words! And thank you Dan Lesser for picking up the phone on a Saturday afternoon and being willing to help - some further validation of your already stellar reputation.

8. viper04

viper04 Viper Owner

Andrew
    Good to know you are up and running!! are you going to Wed's meeting?

9. DPViper

DPViper Viper Owner

I thought Steve was still in Jail.....

10. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

Naw...I heard he got out of that downtown flashing thing...lack of evidence...:lmao:;)

11. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

hard evidence...that is...:lmao::lmao::lmao:

12. GreenVenom

GreenVenom Enthusiast

Me too, I was just getting ready to go visit him and take him a carton of cigarettes and a little cash so he could stay out of trouble :confused:

13. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member Venom Member

I see three guys who are OFF of the emergency service list !! :)

14. webby

webby Viper Owner

unfortunately not, would've been nice to see the new location

15. Viper Specialty

Viper Specialty Viper Owner

Not a problem at all guys. Glad to find out it was something simple!

16. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member Venom Member

At this time, I would like to make a serious comment for those who may be relatively new to the Viper Nation.

While many of us do our best to make educated, helpful ( AND non-harmful) "Viper theraputic" guesses (particularly "after hours") under the same type of circumstances as webby originally described, the credit for the REAL information and solutions goes back the the talented, experienced, kindly professionals who have helped so many of us through the years and Viper Generations (17+ years in my case).

Dan Cragin, Chuck Tator, Tom Sessions, Bill Pemberton, Bob Woodhouse, the Archers, Sean Roe, Dan Lesser, and many, many others have ALL given more of themselves to the rest of us that we can ever repay...at least in my opinion. I do apologize for skipping MANY other knowledeable and helpful owners, Viper Techs, and vendors...the list of "our Viper family" is LONG.

Thanks to ALL for the help through the years !!!!

Now, back to the comedy club if you so choose. :)

17. Jay M

Jay M Enthusiast

If you don't mind, I'll add a little story...

I was new to Viper ownership when the Socal club met the Arizona club for a cruise to Sedona. Well, as soon as I tried to get on the freeway towards Sedona, my car had no power. We had radios, so I told our Lance, our club president I was having trouble. I pulled over, and about 6 other cars stopped with me. Before I knew it, Lance had a code reader attached to my car, and other guys were doing their best find the problem.

Right away, I realized that I was around some really great people. For that reason it's likely that I'll always own a Viper.

I told the guys to go on, and my wife and I got tour of the more scary part of Phoenix form a flatbed truck. Bill Luke Dodge determined that the problem was not simple, it was a clogged catalytic converter.

My point is that, when people on the forum say this is a great club, these are just a few reasons why.

~Jay

18. DPViper

DPViper Viper Owner

Steve-Indy needs to be on the top of this list. He has helped so many club members find, buy, sell, and repair Vipers over the years. We are lucky to have him. Of course I'll deny I ever said any of this....

19. GreenVenom

GreenVenom Enthusiast

Yes!!!:2tu:

20. purplesnake

purplesnake Viper Owner

Absolutely agree! Of course now the 3 of us are going to be accused butt kissing, just to get out of trouble!;)